|Osso / Run Rabbit Run|
|Album:||Run Rabbit Run||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Asthmatic Kitty Records|
|Add Date:||2009-12-13||Pull Date:||2010-02-14|
|Week Ending:||7 Feb||10 Jan||3 Jan|
|1.||Thu, 04 Feb 10:||C. Flaxington|
Musically Assured Destruction
|3.||Mon, 28 Dec 09:||Ranger Rick|
Quasi Music Therapy
|2.||Sat, 09 Jan 10:||Eduisa|
Interesting concept: string quartet covers all of the songs off of Sufjan Stevens’ album “Enjoy Your Rabbit.” Electronica rethought into chamber music. Huh. Honestly, I can’t tell the difference between all the songs, but I thought it was an interesting CD to use as a soundbed. Listening to a full track is trying, since the music is played on a loop (à la electronica). Should work for anyone who likes experimental music.|
*1. Introduction to concept. Blows your mind the first time you hear it. Is that a dance beat?
2. Very frustrating to listen to. Sounds like the musicians are trying to go as fast as they can.
3. Not a stellar song. Very dizzying.
4. More tolerable than #3, but still difficult to grasp.
5. Goes over and over in a loop. Use if you want to drive your listeners mad and get them to change the station.
*6. I like this one slightly better. It sounds like the instruments are going to break apart from the force with which the musicians are playing them.
7. Slightly slower and less intense than the last track.
8. Another frustrating sound, like the song is never finished.
9. Runs on a loop. Sounds tolerable.
*10. Very weird but cool song. Listen to it before though. Heck, listen to anything you play off this album before you actually play it!
11. Dizzy, unfinished song.
12. Nice sound on the cello in this track.
13. Finishing track. Finally! More of the same dizzy, repetitive strings.