|Lucky Pineapple / Bubble Has Burst In Sky City, The|
|Album:||Bubble Has Burst In Sky City, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lucky Pineapple||Added:||Oct 2009|
|Label:||Sona Blast Records|
|Add Date:||2010-04-18||Pull Date:||2010-06-20|
|Week Ending:||Jun 6||May 30||May 16||May 9||May 2|
|1.||Jun 05, 2010:||Buy Me Juice! |
|4.||May 13, 2010:||Memory Select |
Un Squelette Et Un Parapluie
|2.||Jun 01, 2010:||Scram! |
High Heels In The Sand
|5.||May 03, 2010:||Not Palopop |
|3.||May 23, 2010:||The DJ Never Has It |
|6.||Apr 25, 2010:||The DJ Never Has It |
Where to begin? This cover reminds me of Broken Social Scene’s self-titled, so I was kind of hoping they’d sound like BSS. Not really, but not bad either. Jangly proggy-art-punk/pop stuff that sometimes strikes me as self-indulgent. Sounds like a less pretentious Deerhoof, maybe? Mostly instrumental songs. No FCC’s|
1. (5:15) Playful xylophone beat with discordant percussion. Repetative stuff that gets louder and faster 2 mins in. Cool bridge. Energetic and optimistic sounding.
2. (7:16) Loud and jarring percussion driven intro, mellows out into mid-tempo prog with some trumpets, slow male french voice interlaced with vocals. A little too long winded for me.
3. (1:38) Slow and fruity island beat interlude with steal drums, pretty kitschy stuff.
4. (8:15) Slow somberish trumpet intro. Hypnotic improvy slow beats with consistent jangly riffs.
5. (5:29) Abrupt intro, jaggy riffs, almost ska-like trumpets, this song is kind of a mess. Sort of mellows out at the end. Fade out with 6 sec left.
6. (6:12) Slow, pensive bluesy song.
7. (5:00) Rattly intro, proggy riffs.
8. (3:50) Slow song with accordians and tambourines and faint talking over bittersweet trumpets.
|2.||Un Squelette Et Un Parapluie||6.||Undertown|
|3.||Pineapples Unlimited||7.||The Bubble Has Burst In Sky City (Currency Exchange Of The Hawkmen)|
|4.||High Heels In The Sand||8.||Moment In An Empty Street|