|Rainbow Arabia / Kabukimono|
|Artist:||Rainbow Arabia||Added:||Nov 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-15||Pull Date:||2010-01-17|
|Week Ending:||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22|
|1.||May 30, 2016:||Narnia |
|4.||Jan 23, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Harlem Sunrise, Let Them Dance (Brenmar Remix)
|2.||Mar 02, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Holiday In Congo
|5.||Jan 02, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Holiday In Congo, Let Them Dance (Brenmar Remix)
|3.||Jul 16, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Let Them Dance (Brenmar Remix)
|6.||Dec 27, 2009:||New World Disorder |
Rainbow Arabia – Kabukimono|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/4/09
Electro-acoustic with funky internationally-influenced beats and sweet female vocals. It’s a couple from LA, and clearly she sings, but frustratingly, I really can’t find out much more than that. They play with a punk acts and “world” acts, and would fit well in with the more aggressive Dub Mission artists. Don’t know if that helps nail them down, stylistically…
No FCCs detected – fairly unintelligible lyrics. It’s all super groovy.
1. 3:58 ***beating of those native drums! And fuzz. Midtempo swingy groove with echo-laden vocals.
2. 2:51 ***even swingier, rather downbeat and downtempo groove, almost belly-danceable. A bit of MIA in the vocals, a bit of the deepest jungle in the ambience. Some dub, too.
3. 3:30 **jungle club groove, with vocals floating over.
4. 3:34 ***nice deep slinky beat with lots of hand percussion, even a bit of “steel drum”.
5. 3:33 ***rather low-key club dub with lots of fun added elements.
6. 4:35 **uptempo syncopated percussion and dubbed up vocals. In-your-face vroomy electronics.
7. 3:37 ****goofy jungle beat with almost Arabian-sounding elements and almost toy piano elements, and Slits-style vocals.
|1.||Holiday In Congo||4.||Harlem Sunrise|
|2.||Haunted Hall||5.||In Know I See I Love I Go|
|3.||Kabukimono||6.||Omar K (Ghosts On Tape Remix)|
|7.||Let Them Dance (Brenmar Remix)|