|Album:||Messthetics #128: Pathology 1979-84||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gods Gift||Added:||Nov 2009|
|Label:||Hyped 2 Death|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29||Pull Date:||2010-01-31|
|Week Ending:||Jan 17||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6|
|1.||Jan 15, 2010:||A2Z
|4.||Dec 04, 2009:||This Information Is Not Sacred
People (7" Version)
|2.||Dec 16, 2009:||Brownian Motion
Soldiers (12" Version)
|5.||Dec 03, 2009:||A2Z
Soldiers (12" Version)
|3.||Dec 09, 2009:||Brownian Motion
|6.||Dec 02, 2009:||Brownian Motion
1) sunny, jangly guitars. dialog heard under vocals near end. about the drink
2) more drum heavy, drums pounded in chorus which is sung more than most lyrics
3) **short story (it is read) about insane girl who drowns the family cat. mostly bass, high-pitched guitars mid-tempo drum. cool horn toward the end; indulgent ending
4) song written by 15 yo atheist. Main refrain: "There is no God" insistent, moody guitars and very low-fi vox
5) nice mid-tempo beat, low-fi guitars and fun hook, if a forgettable one. If you polished this up, you could put it in a Tony Hawk game.
6) slight, nodding beat with guitars in support. not much of a song
7) **stocatto beat. horn. fem, low-fi vocals. creepy, misanthropic.
8) ***most complex guitars so far, a sort of modern metal feel at some points. also another scratchy guitar. chanting quality to lyrics. of soldiers: "false morals...no morals, no emotion"
9) **You can hear metal here, but it's like they didn't know what metal was and just end up going into this vicious holding pattern, so good. "hate is a virtue...your religion couldn't save me" satanic, I think
10) ***version of 7, the instrumentation is more refined and the horn more prominent. Instead of the lyrics there is audio of "a genuine fight at a gig in Southport" Awesome.
11) improvised. instruments are drowned out and lyrics are shouted pretty artlessly.
12) guitars have hint of southern rock. cool guitar at the end sounds almost like piano FCC: indecent
13) synthy guitar feedback, sometimes sintar-like. horn 2.5 min in. vocals turn to preaching and back to normal
14) shades of surfer rock to start but overblown distorted guitars come in. sounds like there's an elephant at points.
15) screachy guitars and uptempo drums.
16) very polished.
17) meandering marching beat. 4 minutes in comes in some screachy feedback. ends quiet.
|1.||Anaesthetic||9.||Good And Evil|
|2.||Clamour Club||10.||People (7" Version)|
|3.||Jacqueline's Admission||11.||Creeps In|
|4.||No God (12" Version)||12.||Man Of Two Men|
|5.||Discipline||13.||Then Calm Again|
|6.||The Strong And The Weak||14.||Nico|
|7.||People||15.||Deicide (Their Soul Is Hate)|
|8.||Soldiers (12" Version)||16.||Disturbed|
|17.||Working Class Men|