|Weinstein, Mark/Omar Sosa / Tales From The Earth|
|Album:||Tales From The Earth||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Weinstein, Mark/Omar Sosa||Added:||Nov 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29||Pull Date:||2010-01-31||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 31||Jan 24||Jan 17||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13|
|1.||Oct 27, 2016:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|4.||Jan 19, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jan 29, 2010:||The Rent Party |
|5.||Jan 12, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jan 26, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jan 10, 2010:||late night veggies |
Children At Play
Sophisticated world jazz (more jazz than world, but I grabbed it) featuring Weinstein on flutes & Sosa on percussion. Backed by a top-notch band it’s a delicious blend of cultural influences. A touch of Africa, a bit of Cuban, a little Jewish…it’s tight and cool and I liked it all. Seriously good.|
1. Sweet, short balafon-led Afro-centric bounce.
2. Upbeat, tripping and warm w/delicious interplays & a tight groove.
3. Up balafon hypnotizes n the back while flutes float w/African chants.
4. Hypnotic percussion that flows like a river over unexpected rocks.
5. Tight arrangement, relaxed jam w/wonderful liquid flute.
6. Soaring male vox then upbeat percussion, a cool African journey.
7. Sweet flute, bright and fast. Happy, playful, total freedom.
8. Tight percussion stumbles and twists then flute brightens it up.
9. Perky and playful, bright and quirky. Oh yeah, and sweet.
10. A hint of soul, a lot of Africa. Downtempo goodness.
11. Chorus, upbeat perc, a wild spiritual ride. Yow.
12. Downtempo swirl w/lots of intersections and divergences.
13. Sweet, slow and spare then tripping and busy.
14. Upbeat jam where everyone gets crazy
|4.||Tea Break||11.||Spirit Messenger|
|6.||River Crossing||13.||Elders Speak|
|7.||Children At Play||14.||Gratitude|