|Kitka / Cradle Songs|
|Add Date:||2009-12-06||Pull Date:||2010-02-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Jan||24 Jan||17 Jan||3 Jan||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec|
|1.||Tue, 30 Jul 19:||Kim|
|4.||Wed, 14 Dec 16:||Decca|
At the Cafe Bohemian
|2.||Fri, 14 Dec 18:||Hopper|
Popping and Hopping demo
|5.||Thu, 29 Oct 15:||M A R G Y|
|3.||Wed, 08 Mar 17:||Decca|
Women of the World
|6.||Sat, 28 Mar 15:||Eme O|
Eastern European lullabies by this all-women vocal ensemble based in Oakland. Forget sweet “beddy-bye” tunes you usually associate with a lullaby. There’s an edge of darkness to it all, a hint of accepting that long ago your child might not wake up in the morning. All performed a capella w/glorious voices tightly arranged in beautiful harmonies.|
*1. Slow and dark w/a droning chorus and a chime
*2. Relaxed, repetitive yet calming. Glorious voices.
3. Slow, hymn-like chant w/edge of night.
4. Nicely nasally lead with chorus follows, trills.
5. Lighter than the others, in English, about a butterfly. Like a game.
*6. Medley of 3 slow tunes, each with a gorgeous solo voice.
*7. Rhythmic cradle-rocking song w/sweet rounds of voices.
8. Delicate and sweet soloist, then spoken word story.
*9. Beautiful, haunting, dark. Gorgeous harmonies.
10. The addition of strings gives an operatic feel to this one.
*11. Vocal trio, exquisitely matched, like a religious chant.
12. Delicate and fragile w/a gentle stillness.
13. Warmly rhythmic, stately, elegant.
14. With various parts, like a conversation. Intricate & sad.
15. Layers of voices, moving and sweetly sad.
*16. Sweet, delicate and beautiful. Lyrical and warm.
17. Harmonium then something between a drone & a chant.
18. Sweet medley of lullabies loved by members of the band in a variety of languages. An interesting blend.