|South China / Washingtons|
|Artist:||South China||Added:||Dec 2009|
|Add Date:||2010-01-17||Pull Date:||2010-03-21|
|Week Ending:||Mar 21||Mar 14||Feb 14||Jan 24|
|1.||Mar 20, 2010:||The Knife |
|4.||Jan 21, 2010:||Lyrics and Licks |
Partridge In A Pear Tree
|2.||Mar 13, 2010:||The Knife |
|5.||Jan 20, 2010:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Feb 11, 2010:||Music to get you down |
|Maria del Carmen Barrios|
Orchestral indie music is the way I would describe it. Honestly, all the instruments in an orchestra, you can find on this album. Most songs have a female singer, but some don’t have it. It’s a very mellow sound, nothing is overdone or overused, there are no huge crescendos like in actual classical music. I can’t think of anything that sounds like this. Try 2,3,7. No FCC’s detected.|
1. Beautiful, tired sounding cello and piano coupled with slow lyrics.
*2. Percussions in the back, female voice, chorus, wind instruments that lend a French twinge…this song has got it all. It’s so eclectic, but so amazing-play it.
*3. Instrumental. The beginning sounds like the cello is warming up. There’s also some guitar and a drum set in the back. Voices don’t come in until 2:26, but only as a chorus, no lyrics.
4. There’s a triple beat to it, but I doubt you can dance to it. It’s dominated by the cello, and there are two voices to it. Halfway through it there’s a weird drum solo. Very avant-garde.
5. Instrumental. Begins with a weird duet between guitar and cello, then a chorus. Not my favorite.
6. More upbeat than the rest of the album, you can actually hear the drum set consistently throughout the song, but it’s not a fast song, I warn you. It quiets down to a very slow song, and ends with a nice vocal arrangement.
*7. Piano and cello again, with female vocals. Sounds like something out of a soundtrack. Reminds me of sunshine.
8. Guitar and cello in the beginning. Female vocals at 2:20. Very slow and mellow. Mostly instrumental.
9. Slow, slow song with soft female vocals and some percussion in the back. Sounds like the wind. Cello halfway through, then there’s an instrumental ending with mostly strings.
|2.||Painting||6.||U-Haul And Green Car|
|3.||Shiny Their Shoes||7.||Partridge In A Pear Tree|
|4.||Sun Sets On Washington Ave.||8.||Sister|