|Thao With The Get Down Stay Down / Know Better Learn Faster|
|Album:||Know Better Learn Faster||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Thao With The Get Down Stay Down||Added:||02/2010|
|Label:||Kill Rock Stars|
|Add Date:||2010-03-07||Pull Date:||2010-05-09|
|Week Ending:||9 May||2 May||25 Apr||18 Apr||11 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar|
|1.||Mar 09, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|4.||Jun 24, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass |
When We Swam
|2.||Apr 10, 2015:||The Iron Skillet |
When We Swam
|5.||Jun 04, 2014:||A Family Affair |
Good Bye Good Luck
|3.||Dec 24, 2014:||Pumping Iron |
|6.||Nov 21, 2013:||All Things Go |
When We Swam
Folky indie pop music, with a very particular sound that incorporates a lot of organ and vocal harmonies. High energy, mostly. FCC Clean. Try 3, 9, 11, 13.|
1. Handclaps and some singing.
2. Good intro. Piano chords are the backbone of the song. Mid tempo, but the lyrics are actually kind of depressing.
*3. What a great song! Guitar riff leads the entrance with the vocals and then the drums come in and it just takes off with handclaps between bars -so good! The beat slows down as if tired for the end.
4. Country beat. The lyrics are heartbreaking if you care to listen. String arrangement: very particular sound.
5. Drums open, handclaps and vocals come in, but they don’t add to each other, like layers, more like, they just fall into the song. Vocals are screamed…energy is high but not positive.
6. Starts out sounding like folk, with an acoustic guitar and fast strumming. Tells a story about a family. Then percussion and strings come in: interesting sound. Slower than most songs on the album.
7. Not much bass in this song. Organic sound, but not energetic, although it has handclaps and loud vocals.
8. Interesting lick on the guitar. Call and response chorus, then marching band drums: busy, but not upbeat. Something different.
*9. Slow and depressing, at the same time beautifully restrained. When vocals come in saying “No!” through different channels, they never build, but die away.
10. Mid-tempo, kind of jumpy, with a halting beat and odd percussion sounds all over again.
*11. Sounds like the music in one of those old videogames on an organ, while the vocals sound odd, but then comes the chorus and the song transforms into a completely different melody carried by acoustic guitar. So odd, but in a good way!
12. Another sad folky song with organ in the background.
*13. Bass and drums lead the song. Mid-tempo, but happy. A lot of background voices that build or fade depending on the timing. Amazing arrangement.
|1.||The Clap||7.||Good Bye Good Luck|
|2.||Cool Yourself||8.||Trouble Was For|
|3.||When We Swam||9.||Oh. No.|
|4.||Know Better Learn Faster||10.||Fixed It!|
|5.||Body||11.||Burn You Up|
|6.||The Give||12.||But What Of The Strangers|