|Bike For Three! / More Heart Than Brains|
|Album:||More Heart Than Brains||Collection:||Hip-hop|
|Artist:||Bike For Three!||Added:||02/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-02-28||Pull Date:||2010-05-02||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||4 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar|
|1.||Mar 31, 2010:||The Mobile Subject |
More Heart Than Brains
|4.||Mar 19, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO |
|2.||Mar 28, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO |
More Heart Than Brains
|5.||Mar 14, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO |
One More Time Forever, All There Is To Say About Love
|3.||Mar 24, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO |
Lazarus Phenomenon, All There Is To Say About Love
|6.||Mar 07, 2010:||FLASHBANGRADIO |
Can Feel Love (Anymore)
Collaboration between Belgian electronic producer Joëlle Phuong Minh Lê and Canadian-based hip hop lyricist Buck-65. As a result, this release is a very interesting, innovative combination of rap with electronic elements. Many of the lyrics are dark: loss, longing, old relationships, nostalgia all spat in a syncopated and varied spoken word flow. Lots of dark tones on the beats. Strong attention to details. Lush ambient electronica peppered with harsher elements, that brings Dosh, Amon Tobin, the Junior Boys or a mellow Aphex Twin to mind. Even if you’re not a fan of rap, there are some beautiful electronic soundscapes and washy ambient tracks. Awesome stuff. |
FCC CLEAN! TRY: 10, 3, 2, 14,11
1. One-minute dreamy synth intro
2. 40 second synth wash intro leads into a sparse electronic beat. Deep bass hits lead into a very sparkly upbeat electronic beat. Very danceable if you use your imagination. Low-key, conversational rap. Excellent.
3. Lots of choppy effects, a deep beat with a light synth line background. Strange distorted sound effects. Rap about two young ex-lovers…sure, it’s a cliché topic, but it’s presented in a fresh, touching way.
4. 40 second electronic intro. Deep, beat with lots of tinkle keyboard. Grim, depressed lyrics.
5. 40 second electronic intro. Very dark lyrics…about missing an ex lover. Deep, resonating beats. Beautiful, airy female background vocals create a very emotional atmosphere.
6. Slow intro gradually builds into a frenzied, beautiful electro background. Intelligent storytelling with a panicked feel to it.
7. Very beautiful somber beat. Sparse and simple—soft piano, lots of echo effects. “Why am I doing this?” lyrics. A very introspective self-reflection.
8. 40 second electronic intro. Deep synth tones with scattered piano lines over the top. Lyrics are pretty emo…cutting yourself, crying, etc.
9. Very confident rap, great rhythm on the flow. Xylophones and gentle synth background with heavy thumping basslines.
10. Computer-generated background vocal, harsh electronic beat, beautiful synth melodies. Story about a girlfriend who is pregnant with a little girl and wondering who the baby will grow up to be. Gorgeous
11. Bass-heavy upbeat backbeat. Quick, agile lyrics. Lyrics about being “in exile.” There is a great showcase of Joëlle Phuong Minh Lê’s beautiful electronic melodies at the end.
12. Upbeat rap with a science fiction theme. A little cheesy. Very 80’s feel to it. (Both in the old-school hip hop sense and the synth beats)
13. Quick rap, lyrics are a little grim. Steady Junior Boys-esque beat with some very spacey sound effects.
14. Dancey beat. Tons of vocal distortion. About half rap, about female vocals.
15. Two-minutes of beautiful ambient washes. (Instrumental)