|Jern Eye / Authentic Vintage|
|Add Date:||2010-03-14||Pull Date:||2010-05-16||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||4 Apr||21 Mar|
|1.||Mar 30, 2010:||408's Finest |
|2.||Mar 19, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO |
Jern Eye - Lunar Height's front man's solo release. Bay Area / Oakland MC. Compared to his previous Lunar Heights releases, Jern Eye's collaborative production goes into a different direction where he explores more diverse sounds and samples. Also he produces with fellow Bay Area artists, Phil Jahns, Nick Andre, D'Nae, to even legendary Triple Threat / 5th Platoon DJ: Vinroc.|
Most of the tracks on Authentic Vintage are not FCC Clean.
Try: 7, 8, 12, and the hidden track after 14
1. Very short but funky beat intro
2. Slow tempo with fast dj scratches NON-FCC @ :44, @ 1:22, @ 1:27, @ 1:29, @ 1:36
3. Electro sounding. A Lot of laser sound effects. NON-FCC @ 2:53
4. Jazzy sounding track. Break-beat with a nice piano sample riff. NON-FCC @ 1: 36. Nice Track
5. Great horn samples in the intro. Theatrical sounding track with the combination of the drum tempo and horns. NON-FCC @ : 36, @ :48, @ 2:17
6. Great bell samples and melodic sounding beats. NON-FCC @ :37, @ 2:54
7. Middle-eastern / Bollywood club influenced break beat. NON-FCC @ :20, @ 1:48, @1:53
8. Jazz-fusion / Soul beat. Re-Edit with the drum samples. Nice Track
9. Upbeat and funky-disco-soul sound, NON-FCC @ :13, @ :44,
10. Bouncy track with a light flute and piano sample in the beat.
11. Title track of the CD. A lot of horn samples, 808 style beat, NON-FCC @ :19, @ :23, @ :28, @:30, @ 1:19. @ 1:34, @ 1:45, @ 1:56, @ 2:18, @ 2:22, @ 2:39, @ 2:49, @3:53, @ 4:04 (Yes, there's a lot on this track).
12. Re-edits the Bob Jame's "Nautilus" track. Darker yet still keeps the funky sound of the original version of Nautilus. NON-FCC @ 1:05, @ 1:08
13. Tribal sounding breakbeat, Funky change-up in the beat after the intro. NON-FCC @ :18, @ :59, @ 1:48, @ Nice track
14. Uptempo break beat. Solid DJ scratches in the beginning.
* Hidden Track after track 14 @ 3:59.
Sounds like a live performance track (doesn't mention where it was recorded from). Very nice hidden track. NON-FCC @ 4:30, @ 4:38, @ 5:11, @ 6:12, @ 6:30, @6:34, @ 7:23
|3.||Free Agent||10.||Phone Tag|
|4.||What They Say||11.||Authentic Vintage|
|7.||You! (Mojo Music)||14.||Just Enough|