|Headless Household / Post Polka|
|Add Date:||2010-02-28||Pull Date:||2010-05-02|
|Week Ending:||11 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar||14 Mar||7 Mar|
|1.||Sat, 10 Apr 10:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 16 Mar 10:||Red West|
|2.||Sat, 27 Mar 10:||Eme O|
|5.||Fri, 12 Mar 10:||Barbra Anne|
The Decency Flush
|3.||Sun, 21 Mar 10:||Trent Kay|
The DJ Never Has It
|6.||Fri, 05 Mar 10:||Barbra Anne|
The Courtesy Flush
An unabashed polka party with a 2nd degree KZSU connection. It screams pet project yet manages to walk the line between inside-joke goofy and musical moxie. The vocalist has a show-tunes quality, the drums are on the rock side, and of course the sax is all decked out in polka splendor. But to get to the point: these songs are funny. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll want to listen to it again and again, and most importantly, you will please the local czech / polish community to no end. Do everyone a favor and give it some love.|
Try: 2, 4, 8, 11(!), 14
1. (5:31) everyone’s invited to the polka party. Upbeat polka dancer.
2. (3:34) “There is something so cold and so bleak about a world without polka.” lyric of the year? More upbeat goodness.
3. (2:41) instrumental jam. Wedge would dig this.
4. (4:52) a female desi arnez does calypso polka about falling in love with a pig. Jams out about half way through.
6. (3:20) slower country waltz duet.
8. (1:44) quick stab of delirious punk polka.
9. (3:31) yes! Upbeat dynamic jig. “party omnivore” is my new favorite word.
10. (5:37) another instrumental jaunt.
11. (4:04) kid-a-polka. Quite pretty.
13. (4:30) ode to the Heimlich Maneuver
14. (5:50) sparse & percussive intro eases itself into a ghostly thump.