Genre: Slick Pop Rock
Overall Rating: C- (1.5 Star)
Try: 10, 2, 9 FCCs: 7
After hearing Dev on Basement Jaxx's latest album, this was a bit of a let down. At first it seemed like a different artist, but it was just a different style. This is well mixed w/ a good variety of organic sound.
1. Soft electric guitar. Builds.
2. * (3:50) Upbeat pop, gay lisp, strings, guitar solo
3. * Ukelele, woodwind, catchy smooth vox, steel drum, tambourine, builds.
4. Organ and string instrumental interlude
5. Melodic acapella intro, lead violin, upbeat guitar strumming / drum set.
6. Louis XIV piano intro, pop vox, not many drums, choir of male vox who sound like Monty Pythons circus.
7. * FCC!!!! Midtempo indie pop(?) w/ big swells
8. * Choir, synth, breakdown, bridge, electric guitar.
9. * (3:13) Upbeat Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, chorus
10. ** (3:46) Slow electric guitar riff over mellow layer of soft background
11. Short drum interlude. A-file = check.
12. Acoustic guitar becomes booming pop rock
13. Short rocking piano solo
14. Tempo changes, choir of vox
15. Short Soft meandering instr