|Hunter Valentine / Lessons From The Night|
|Album:||Lessons From The Night||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05|
|Week Ending:||15 May||8 May||17 Apr||10 Apr|
|1.||Jun 05, 2011:||Poetry in Parlando |
|4.||Apr 14, 2011:||meowgasm |
|2.||May 11, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|5.||Apr 11, 2011:||american beauty |
|3.||May 05, 2011:||e hele aku a ho'i mai |
|6.||Apr 05, 2011:||gilt |
as reviewed by mr. esq.|
indie pop/power pop
one very striking thing about this: vocalist -female- has a strong masculine side. first track - i was unsure of gender (by second track i was pretty sure it was a female... is this what they mean by she-male surprise?...) =one tough chick!
this thing totally rox! (one of the best of the new year)
RIYL: yeah yeah yeahs, rilo kiley, concrete blonde, diamond nights, josie cotton, motels, 80's l.a. power pop et al.
FCC WARNING: #5='FUCK'
SUGGESTIONS: ANYTRACK=GOODTRACK. (esp. 1, 3, 4)
1. BEST TRACK: sounds a lot like rilo kiley's 'portion for foxes.' pretty sweet&rocking. propulsive.
2. motels meets concrete blonde. rox!
3. NEXT BEST TRACK: yeah yeah yeahs in thier most pissed off momes. rox!
4. NEXT TO NEXT BEST TRACK: handclappy!processed beatbox opening. really poppy, rilo yeah yeah.
5. FCC WARNING: 'FUCK.' (it shreds!)
6. THE SAD SONG (motels)
7. handclaps are back =motel blonde! (great closer)
|2.||Treadmills Of Love||5.||Barbara Jean|
|3.||Revenge||6.||She Only Loves Me When She's Wasted|
|7.||A Youthful Existence|