|Album:||This Is Still It||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Method Actors, The||Added:||Apr 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-09-12||Pull Date:||2010-11-14|
|Week Ending:||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Sep 26||Sep 19|
|1.||Nov 11, 2010:||The Musical Mystery Box o' Fun
|4.||Oct 28, 2010:||And Other Useful Bibles
Do The Method
|2.||Nov 07, 2010:||the seductardation
|5.||Oct 28, 2010:||Hipster Garbage
|3.||Oct 31, 2010:||the seductardation
Do The Method
|6.||Oct 20, 2010:||the seductardation of wednesday morning
try: 1, 5, 6, 11, 16
*1. rocky, jagged, upbeat popper that slips and slides all over the place. callout vocals.
2. clucky vocals. super-tangled sidewinder guitar lines. could be six finger satellite.
3. angular, clangy, discordant. sarcastic, smoldering lyrics. very warsaw-era joy division. ‘i can make up anything.’
4. bright and mellow summer chill song. lots of air. spare instrumentation. ‘you’re so pretty it makes me sad.’
*5. disco-tinged freak-out. screechy yodel vox. scratchy & busy guitar.
*6. a beat that cooks, super riffy speedy guitar. very gang of four. about... debauchery.
7. downtempo classic rocky majorly riffy guitar. (think: the kinks) as hard and heavy as you can get.
8. shrill needle-scratch speedster guitar riff and blow-bomb bass.
9. difficult time signature. needle-scratch guitar. lots of drum fills and diving treble bass lunges.
10. driving uptempo and ragged guitar that careens towards the slightly sitary. ‘i’d love to go nowhere with you.’ ends abruptly with 10 sec left.
*11. on the new wave / bowieish side. steelpan, muppet-like bass vox, very prominent tight drums. not unlike kermit doing kokomo.
12. diggery funk bass and super-sharp drum kit. layered messy echo vox.
13. busy clappy bass and whip drums. darkish. groovy and brief.
14. repeated broken-sounding clang riff on different chords. loose cymbals, lurching time signature and melody-less vox.
15. big loud hard deep drums. low blow-out vox. vacuum-bloop bass. ominous and gothy.
*16. borders on psych horror. driving yet unsettling beat that keeps changing feet. handclaps. hypnotic bass. kinda bauhaus. vox like wailing ghosts: “ca ca ca ca commotion”
17. plenty of busy warm-up noise before vaguely mid-east kitsch. disorganised. hand-drums, bells, chanty wails, what could be a sitar. less a song than an arrangement of sounds.
18. vibes... or steel drums? hilarious counterpoint of island hop and airy ghost-like falsetto vox. ragged melody-note bass.
19. piercing fast punkish beat. mostly just drums and slightly off-keel vocals. could be a tamer, slower ramones... if the ramones would ever vamp a chorus of ‘hi-hi-wooopee’.
|1.||Do The Method||10.||My Time|
|5.||Dancing Underneath||14.||Ask Dana|