|Votolato, Rocky / True Devotion|
|Add Date:||2010-12-05||Pull Date:||2011-02-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||19 Dec||12 Dec|
|1.||Mon, 29 Jun 15:||Pixel|
|4.||Fri, 30 Sep 11:||Nick & Noah|
|2.||Sat, 11 May 13:||Merricat McGee|
Sphagna Rhianna Arcadia
|5.||Fri, 15 Jul 11:||Nick & Noah|
|3.||Sat, 06 Oct 12:||Merricat McGee|
Midnight Radio II
|6.||Thu, 19 May 11:||Trent Kay|
Capture the Flag (In Monster Drag)
Heartbreaking folk-informed singer songwriter action. Emotive and naked male vox. A little Middle Americana. Unbelievably, this is the brother of Cody Votolato (of the Blood Brothers). I’m new to his solo stuff, but apparently he’s been on this tack for a while now. Solid and sad. Sigh.|
RIYL: Elliott Smith, Bright Eyes, Brent DeBoer, Okkervil River, Matt Pryor, Sea Wolf’s “Leaves In The River”
try: 3, 4, 1
*1. heavy slow strings give way to folky sad acoustic guitar.
2. uptempo, gnashy. shakers and hard strumming.
*3. country-lick vox. great drums (+ machine), tight beat. down home lyrics. road trippin’ through sherwood forest, etc.
*4. needle-in-the-hay style guitar, full sound, striking and bare vox.
5. quick fingerpicked loop line. lilty nighttime vibe. very elliott smith.
6. slow, deliberate strummed beat. wailing harmonica. ends with a vamp: “i just wanna be free.”
7. dark, melancholy, slow. downcycling acoustic guitar melody.
8. midtempo uplift. shakers, easy kit, piano. nostalgic, longing, sweet.
9. stripped down guitar, strained vox. moves into even strums and near-choral doubled vox. shakers, tambourine, etc.
10. sailing, fluff clouds lullaby in 3/4. “you can be free if you decide to be.” ends with 40 seconds of strings & warbling.
|1.||Lucky Clover Coin||6.||Instrument|
|2.||Fragments||7.||What Waited For Me|
|3.||Red River||8.||Sun Devil|
|4.||Eyes Like Static||9.||Don't Be Angry|
|5.||Sparklers||10.||Where We Started|