|Album:||Codeine Velvet Club||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Codeine Velvet Club||Added:||Apr 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-07-18||Pull Date:||2010-09-19|
|Week Ending:||Aug 29||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25|
|1.||Aug 28, 2010:||the velvet futon
I Would Send You Roses
|4.||Aug 08, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO: HIT EM WITH A FREEZEPOP
Reste Avec Moi, Like A Full Moon
|2.||Aug 24, 2010:||Bohemia Lives!
The Black Roses
|5.||Aug 06, 2010:||Leland Lives!
|3.||Aug 22, 2010:||the velvet futon
Like A Full Moon
|6.||Jul 27, 2010:||meltdown dance party
Further hilarity: this band is already broken up. Nicely done, guys.
try: 4, 2, 9, 7
1. ~5 sec to start. rollicky circular (well, galloping triplets) drum kit and beachy girl-vox callbacks. highbrow strings epicness.
*2. saucy sax and sultry “la da da da da” chick vocals. hints of the pink panther theme. swinging, mid-tempo. on the heavy side.
3. chill cruise ship vibe. lazy high-beam guitar. faster, bustier chorus with sax. time changes throughout.
*4. minimal/slow start w/plinky bassoon, ~14 sec in kicks into a mission impossible-type bells & bass mover. fanfarey (cue: kick line) big brass chorus. ends how it starts.
5. horrifying swing! vamps “hey little sister” against a big band backup. mid-fast electric guitars and parallel-move rude brass.
6. sudden, soft and chill start. shimmery cymbals and bells. very cocktail party. like, with a lagoon. slow 3/4, dreamy, fuzzy, melty, ‘ah’s.
*7. succeeds in blending french swoon and western skeaze. light-touch, bells and guitar. FYI: the title means “stay with me”. over at 5 sec to end.
8. starts with heavy peanuts-theme (esque!) piano. gets a little old-time rocky. it’s like the beatles on the beach. heavy parallel-move chorus. repetitive. EARLY FADE.
*9. dig-in snake charmer bass riff and slinkster western clang guitars. groovy, downtempo.
10. prim orchestral strings intro. rollaway 3/4 and military drum kit.
11. oh hell no. shimmery, l.a.-sleaze take on the stone roses classic. vibes + surf guitar + rolling stones quick-chord changes. ends with excitable sax. not bad, but not the original. what hey, i’m a purist. fun fact: trent can sign this whole song in ASL.
|2.||Vanity Kills||7.||Reste Avec Moi|
|3.||Time||8.||I Would Send You Roses|
|4.||The Black Roses||9.||Like A Full Moon|
|5.||Little Sister||10.||Begging Bowl Blues|
|11.||I Am The Resurrection (Bonus Track)|