|Album:||Modern Deep Left Quartet, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Cobblestone Jazz||Added:||Apr 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-06-06||Pull Date:||2010-08-08||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 11||Jul 4||Jun 27||Jun 13|
|1.||Aug 17, 2011:||pumping iron!
|4.||Aug 23, 2010:||Big Love Show
|2.||Sep 28, 2010:||Nothing Rhymes With Orange
|5.||Jul 24, 2010:||lost and found
|3.||Sep 20, 2010:||Big Love Show
|6.||Jul 19, 2010:||Big Love Show
Reviewed by Maayan
Deep and repetitive trance, with some trippy tracks. From British Columbia, this is Cobblestone Jazz's second album. Best played loud. Incredibly danceable and yet still nice to listen to even if you're just chilling. Generally upbeat and fast. This album should be included with a brown paper bag you can breath into while listening to the songs.
FCC CLEAN Picks: 3,5,8,
1) 7:49 Definition of romantic trance. Hard beats with repetitive rises and falls of pitches. Sounds like a theme song while one is traveling down a rabbit hole on a great adventure towards eternal happiness.
2. 7:39 Harder beats, occasional electronic shrieks. Cymbals included, starts getting almost salsa-like @ 0.45, FUCKING TRIPPY at the end
3. 7:00 Awesome base-y beginning, almost dub-step. Amazing song. play it whenever you can and pump up the volume!! Lyrics inaudible; its fun to try to figure out what they are saying!
4. 5:02 Beginning like Crystal Castles but with harder beats, trippy- trance. Almost experimental-- different sounds (telephone rings, electronic voice, bleep bloops, some shimmers)
5. 5:52 Starts off 80's disco, fast, nice riffs, beats, and rockets. WHOMP WHOMP!
6. 6:09 Similar to 1 again, building of beats in beginning, similar to Deadmau5. Slow ending, with shakers
7. 7:59 Dancey-trancey. Lyrics (or something) @ 1.00 Electronic piano and lots of overlapped 6:beats & sounds
8. 6:29 Starts off bloopy and bleepy with some rockets and noises. Some electronic lyrics at the beginning with nice smooth piano. Sounds like a populated and alive forest at night. Hard beats, shakers, crickets, butterflies bossy. Great way to end an album. Ends at 6.13
|4.||Cromagnon Man||8.||Midnight Sun|