|Mcferrin, Bobby / Vocabularies|
|Label:||Decca Music Group Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2010-05-30||Pull Date:||2010-08-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun||6 Jun|
|1.||Apr 19, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Nov 16, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|2.||May 21, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Aug 19, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Mar 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Jul 27, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The master of wordless vocals and mouth music gathers members of his Voicestra ensemble and some guests and once again delivers something fresh and jaw-dropping. The vocal harmonies are perfect. The music flows from jazz to world, from R&B to classical choral, to African chants. The singers were recorded solo or in small groups to create a virtual choir of over 1400 voices – then deliciously mastered to create layers of different styles and vocal types. Every track is outstanding. |
1. Bouncing, rich, joyful. It’s liquid, flowing, warm and a just a bit tart. Bobby leads, the layers just stream into a kaleidoscope of voices.
2. Mid/upbeat w/ some driving passages, some dreamy bits. Light percussion accents and a hip urban vibe too.
3. African chants & percussion. Upbeat, driving, powerful. Then it slows down & gets spiritual.
4. Starts off in Latin w/an Indian background. Moves to Sanskrit & phrases from about a dozen languages. Relaxed but a hint of darkness, then powerful and upbeat. Varying tempos and intensity.
5. Slow solo voices joining in to create layers in intro then percussion moves into midtempo groove, kinda Afro/jazzy/blues/soul jam.
6. Midtempo intro then upbeat, tripping and joyful vocal celebration.
7. Slow and sad, rich and fragile. Full of emotion and power. Wow…
|2.||Say Ladeo||5.||The Garden|
|3.||Wailers||6.||He Rain To The Train|