|Add Date:||2010-09-05||Pull Date:||2010-11-07|
|Week Ending:||Oct 17||Oct 10|
|1.||Oct 16, 2010:||Music Casserole
Dusk & Dawn
|2.||Oct 08, 2010:||The Songsmith Show
The Heart And The Feather
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 8, 11.
1. (3:50) Slow. Piano-based song, heartfelt and solemn.
2. *(4:55) Slow / Mid. Glockenspiel with an African and country sound, very folkish lyrics, reminiscent of Pete Seeger.
3. *(3:46) Mid. Reggae beat inside a children’s song. Great organ and accordion.
4. (4:22) Slow / Mid. Dreamy song about sailing away. Accordion, glock, organ.
5. (2:02) Mid. Intro with background voices leads to an accordion instrumental.
6. (3:02) Mid. Sparse instrumentation with brushes on the drums.
7. (4:01) Slow / Mid. Ominous piano, a classical tune, instrumental.
8. *(4:42) Slow. Harmonica intro, a song about leaving New Orleans. A simple story-song, with acoustic guitar leading the way.
9. (3:42) Slow. Another ominous song with piano. Dire events here, but also a few hopeful things.
10. (3:00) Slow / Mid. More minor keys on the piano. Instrumental.
11. *(5:20) Slow / Mid. Hopefulness amidst despair here in a song about Helios’ chariot drawn by the horses Dusk and Dawn (check the liner notes).
12. (2:43) Mid. The traditional song done by Murdoch with backing vocals and only a simple beat on a drum (or something).