|Peggy Sue / Fossils And Other Phantoms|
|Album:||Fossils And Other Phantoms||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2010-09-26||Pull Date:||2010-11-28|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||7 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Feb 22, 2022:||Virtually Happy-2/22/22 2pm |
|4.||Nov 10, 2010:||public noize racket |
I Read It In The Paper, Yo Mama
|2.||Jul 05, 2021:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow (rebroadcast from Oct 12, 2010) |
|5.||Nov 02, 2010:||Smartie Pop |
|3.||Nov 13, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Oct 29, 2010:||The Knife |
Fossils and Other Phantoms
British girl folk-punk duet, emphasis on the "folk". Catchy earthy rhythms and soulful melodies mix "brooding anti-folk" with "fiery indie pop". If you like Mumford and Sons, Kate Nash, CocoRosie, and/or Adele, then you'll like these catchy tracks. Start with 2, 3, 10, 9, 4.
Reviewed by Nick.
1. (3:47) Slow, folksy blues. Acoustic beats and guitar with slick female harmonies.
2. *** (3:51) Mid-Up beat, traveling through town, foot tappin goodness.
3. *** (3:08) Mid-Slow, Is that a kazoo? I think it is. Beatles went down to Georgia.
4. ** (4:32) Slow, very pretty guitar melody opens this soft emotional track.
5. (3:25) Mid tempo, folksy brooding glory.
6. (4:38) Slow and brooding. Dramatic folk-rock ballad.
7. (2:51) Slow, quick (almost spoken) female vocals. Pretty melodies.
8. (3:53) Slow, Spooky acoustic guitar opening. Ethereal female vocals. Very slowly builds.
9. ** (2:51) Mid Tempo, southern working-in-the-field bluesy feel.
10. *** (2:54) Mid-Up Tempo, dramatic guitar+drugs+vocals opener.
11. (4:05) Slow, chimes, guitar, vocals. Makes the heart hurt a little.
12. (2:56) Slow, love lorn vocals over acoustic guitar.
|1.||Long Division Blues||7.||Careless Talk Costs Lives|
|2.||Yo Mama||8.||The Remainder|
|3.||I Read It In The Paper||9.||Matilda|
|4.||Green Grow The Rushes||10.||February Snow|
|6.||She Called||12.||The Shape We Made|