|Hadero, Meklit / On A Day Like This...|
|Album:||On A Day Like This...||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Porto Franco Records|
|Add Date:||2010-09-05||Pull Date:||2010-11-07|
|Week Ending:||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep|
|1.||Jul 05, 2021:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow (rebroadcast from Oct 12, 2010) |
|4.||Oct 22, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||May 06, 2021:||Hanging in the bone yard |
|5.||Oct 12, 2010:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow |
|3.||Mar 08, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Float And Fall
|6.||Oct 11, 2010:||Your Governmental Inaction |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Meklit Hadero’s sound is quite worldly: she was born in Ethiopia and raised in the U.S. She’s now based out of San Francisco and incorporates both African and American sounds as well as an Island sound on a couple songs. Her voice is one of the truly beautiful ones you will ever hear. Influences are Joni Mitchell, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman and Emiliana Torrini. A great album, every song is worth a listen. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 5, 6.
1. (5:35) Mid. Acoustic guitar and vocal, then a nice cello interlude, finishes with fading vocal and guitar and violin.
2. (3:30) Mid. Great galloping folksy song with carefree vocals.
3. *(4:12) Mid / Fast. Easy beat with guitar and a prominent trumpet throughout.
4. *(4:30) Slow / Mid. Cello intro, beautiful guitar, piano, bass - everything amazing.
5. *(4:30) Mid. Opens with an ethereal oboe solo, then just her voice with a bit of drums in the back. Killer bass as her voice is put through a manipulator, then comes out clean with staccato cello. WOW!
6. *(5:05) Mid. Bass and clarinet open this traditional Ethiopian song. Delicate percussion and exciting vocal phrasings with hand claps flesh out this magnetic song.
7. (2:34) Mid / Fast. Fun and sunny song with drumstick claps, horns, drums.
8. (4:00) Mid / Fast. Almost an island sound at first then an eerie interlude. The song alternates between the two.
9. (3:41) Slow / Mid. Vocal intro then finger-snapping. More island sound here with a great trumpet lead.
10. (4:28) Slow. Piano, bass predominate on this slow closer, very jazzy. Drawn-out vocal delivery.
|1.||Walk Up||6.||Abbay Mado|
|2.||Float And Fall||7.||Soleil Soleil|
|4.||You And The Rain||9.||Walls|