Noisy garage with lo-fi, psych, math, skronk, and surf overtones at various spots. Guitars, drums, saxes, mostly yelled male voices. Mostly super high energy, off-kilter, & punky.
From Oakland featuring ex-members (drums, sax) of No Doctors. This album released in 2009, but hey. Careerers released "Sears" (their 2nd album) 26 Nov 2010.
Play with Archie Bronson Outfit, Old Time Relijun, Nice Face, The Vanishing, Reatards, The Ex, maybe Dum Dum Girls for contrast.
Awesome and rare (i.e. no longer available, if it ever was). FCC clean as far as I can tell (often unintelligible). Start with 4, 14, 15.
1. Repetitious/chantlike noise rock. Blends nicely w/ next track.
2. Van Halen if they had a minimalist noise aesthetic and recorded to cassette. Play loud fatherfucker.
3. Perky, anthemic noise punk pop. First obvious appearance of sax on the CD.
+ 4. Very Archie Bronson in a good way.
5. Demented, insistent, surfy noise. Voice reminiscent of Grant Hart (Hüsker Dü).
6. Starts with wild sax/drums skronk, then settles to mid-tempo demented darkness. Changes tempo again… then fades.
7. Deerhoofy (nursery rhyme riff plus mathy wackiness)
8. In yo face math noise. Very insistent and percussive.
9. Poppy in a delicious way with off-kilter harmony vox. Quick fade.
10. Cold start with repetitive sax figure.
11. Brief, demented homage to Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone.
12. Skronk dance! Starts with solo sax, then surf drums. Gets goofy.
13. Too fast surf/jazz fragment.
+ 14. Peak of dementedness for this record. Yummy.
+ 15. Hyperspeed fun, slows down & gets anthemy, then fades.
16. Fast & surfy with demented multitracked vocals.