|Dont's, The / Those Delicate Chemicals|
|Album:||Those Delicate Chemicals||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2010-08-01||Pull Date:||2010-10-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||22 Aug||15 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 20 May 11:||Garrulous Greg|
Garrulous Greg Talks about E
|4.||Sun, 10 Oct 10:||mr. esq.|
|2.||Sun, 02 Jan 11:||mr. esq.|
According To Esquire:The Best Of 2010
|5.||Wed, 29 Sep 10:||glue|
|3.||Tue, 26 Oct 10:||Nick & Noah|
|6.||Sun, 26 Sep 10:||mr. esq.|
the velvet futon
THE DONT'S -THOSE DELICATE CHEMICALS.|
as reviewed by mr. esq.
indie pop&post punk funk.
this thing is fucking great!
think: talking heads, gang of four, pavement, the pop group.
add some cle-punk and indie (what if mod mousy was arty?)
mostly funkified. teases at lo-fi. employs all kind of mutilated synth fuckery. plus some long dreamy jams.
diverse but not 'de-fuzed' in any way.
=a must listen. one of the best things i've reviewed.
arty AND fun! (p.s. they're from frisco.)
FCC WARNING: 4, 6 (subtle/maybe: ghosty voice -'fuck' ?)
SUGGESTIONS: 3, 5, 6, 7, 13.
1. funky begin.. talking heads&gang o' 4, edge git. pretty cool.
'arrgh' chorus! dreamy funk.
2. bass start. wimpy vox to start, then driving. happy stuff.
*3. sounds like a baby elephant having a little dance. pavement&heads&silkworm. horns.
4. FCC! ('shit') :dreamy git, but a bit boring. last min is dramatic change -'driving &accelerating =this part is good.
*5. quirky git, devo. kinda channeling the knack. and ubu!
*6. mellow beats, processed synth git. dreamy. theramin. vocals kick in late. soft, then funky malkmus. great end.
7. THE BEST TRACK: dancy. juju git kicks. heads circa 1980. malkmus/Gof4. pop group. very britfunk postpunk. lil' black francis pissiness=fuck yeah!
8. and now: things go lo-fi. short rant.
9. almost 90's alt swing. pretty nice=alt pop. where da' fu-
10. the funk is back! 'wide blue yonder' =sounds like. lo-fi effects end of vocal track, bleeding into...
11. heads, baby! with malkman singing. moody. Gof4 goes page.
12. trippy, watery begin. trance git. drums kick. tortoise&pumpmkins slow jam. . vocals are subdued., muted.
treb comes up at end=nice. sudden space ending. that one scene in 2001, where nthe astronaut is floating off...*13. leads into this=ALMOST BEST TRACK. throughout, there is some television gits circa 1992. this piece especially. very powerful.
|1.||Which Side You're On (The Pirate Song)||7.||Peacetime|
|3.||Regardless, The Goddess||9.||Little Captive|
|4.||So Strung Out||10.||Gasoline|
|5.||Killove||11.||An Epidemic Of Honesty|
|6.||Keep The Faith||12.||Backtalk|
|13.||The Will Of God|