|Keita, Salif / La Difference|
|Label:||Decca Music Group Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2010-10-03||Pull Date:||2010-12-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||5 Dec||7 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Jun 17, 2015:||6-17-2015 |
La Difference, Seydou
|4.||Oct 29, 2010:||Everyday Commotion |
|2.||Nov 30, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Oct 26, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Nov 06, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Oct 21, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
This Malian superstar has struggled his whole if against intolerance shown towards his albinism. In this release he sings about his life experiences as “a white man with black blood.” Featuring rhythmic guitar riffs and stylish kora groove plus his gorgeous voice set against a female chorus, this is all delicious. Note: All proceeds from the sale of this CD benefit his charity Salif Keita Pour Les Albinos which helps to combat the stigma that albinism has in Africa.|
1. Upbeat and driving Afro-pop w/bright layers of voices & strings.
2. Warm and driving song in praise of ecological responsibility. Passionate.
3. More relaxed w/a hint of Arabic strings and rich, warm vocals.
4. Quiet guitar solo into sweet midtempo ode, gorgeous vocal showcase.
5. Stripped-down sweet blues-tinged ballad w/strings, keys, emotional vox.
6. Bright and happy w/a catchy sound and joyous energy. So good.
7. Midtempo, tripping w/sweet mixes of instruments and a relaxed feeling.
8. Slower and rich w/layers. Gentle strings, chorus, then soaring vocals.
9. Dramatic and moving ballad. Beatutiful and sad.
|2.||San Ka Na||6.||Ekolo D'amour|