|Back Seat Dreamer / Colors Of Dreams, They're In You, The|
|Album:||Colors Of Dreams, They're In You, The||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Back Seat Dreamer||Added:||07/2010|
|Add Date:||2011-07-05||Pull Date:||2011-09-04||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul|
|1.||May 01, 2013:||Gurlz Rule |
Real Inside You
|4.||Aug 30, 2011:||feelin' the music |
|2.||Sep 29, 2011:||Futurebeat Radio |
Moment In Time
|5.||Aug 25, 2011:||Summertime Sunshine |
Colors In The Night
|3.||Sep 08, 2011:||Futurebeat Radio |
Moment In Time
|6.||Aug 19, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
Moment In Time, Moment In Time
Awesome funky synths and not-overdone straight beats for an absolutely lovely almost-danceable electronic album! I would listen to this after dancing for sure. The synths are all over the place but in a nice and controlled fashion, and vocals are breathey enough to spill over you. It’s a fairly simple album without much complicated layering, but it has a old-daft-punkey feel to it, without going as hard as disco-house sine the soft vocals keep it in check. The biggest problem of this album is the lack of exploration. The first 5 tracks could become the same track, honestly. Kinda reminds me of Junior Boys. –DJ Joubert |
1) ***** (4:19, 125bpm) Happy octave-jumping synths over good ol' kick-snare-kick-snare. Very simple IDM-ey electronic, very much amazing!
2) **** (4:30, 128bpm) Ooh, syncopated beats leading to simple synth work. Then slightly sad vocals coming in, with richer bass drum work leading for lots of definition.
3) ** (3:56, 125bpm). Combines track 1 and 2. Busier, punchy synth work adding in layers.
4) *** (3:40, 128bpm, feels like 80bpm). Finally, non-flat synths. Richer, beating LFOs with long-drawn-out chords feels slower and more deliberate. No beats or percussions to get in the way. [MORE ON BACK]
5) ** (4:00, 135bpm) A departure from the identical-sounding previous tracks, since we now have a regular but simple head-bobbing beat. Quickly we fall back into the same vocals as previous.
6) **** (3:20, 128bpm) Drums off a $5 Casio keytar! But the funky piano stabbing is great. Yummy yummy. "dreamer, dreamer" vocals with cool drum roll completes this great track.
7) *** (4:22, 102bpm). Simple but deliberate bass hits, with arpeggiated chords off guitar.
8) *** (6:07, 134bpm) Garbled organ sounds, distored basslines, leading into danceable drum pattern. Goes double-speed half-way though, adding lots of noise!
9) ** (1:58, 80bpm) Confused-sounding vocal hums with finger-picking-guitar is layered over drones. Far-off plucked strings come in half-way.
10) *** (4:57, 135bpm) Starts off with great potential! Nice distorted noisey drums and synth work, giving way to muted agitated drum work.
11) **** (3:22, 118bpm) A built-in drum loop from that $5 Casio is back! Some wooden percussion instruments gets added which gives a very nice African feel to the track, while bass stabs keeps the groove. Rich synths makes for a great track!
|1.||Moment In Time||6.||Real Inside You|
|2.||Dying Dream||7.||For Starry Eyes|
|4.||Blind Science||9.||Hold Me Awake|
|5.||February Flies||10.||Gold Dust|
|11.||Colors In The Night|