|Konono No. 1 / Assume Crash Position|
|Album:||Assume Crash Position||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Konono No. 1||Added:||Jul 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-07-25||Pull Date:||2010-09-26||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 26||Sep 19||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1|
|1.||Apr 19, 2018:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Oct 25, 2014:||The KZSU Alumni Weekend Bonanza |
|2.||May 17, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Sep 25, 2010:||Music Casserole |
Konono Wa Wa Wa
|3.||Nov 16, 2016:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Mana Na Bana
|6.||Sep 21, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Congolese party music with trance overtones. Featuring amplified thumb pianos, bass, and cool call/response vocals. The percussion takes the lead and winds through loping rhythms and high-energy arrangements. I liked every track, play it all.|
1. An uptempo wiggle, fun, fiery, lots of style.
2. Upbeat invitation to dance…only 1:59, sadly. Can go right into #3.
3. Fast party, like a carnival Samba but African, fast vocals too.
4. Midtempo at first, then fast and driving. So cool.
5. Whistles and percussion like that carnival sound again, upbeat.
6. Sweet and driving thumb pianos & percussion. Fast energy.
7. Fast and warm w/cool vocals that get into a crazy mbira groove.
8. Midtempo, great duet of mbira & vocals. Relaxed, quiet, cool!
|3.||Mana Na Bana||7.||Konono Wa Wa Wa|
|4.||Makembe||8.||Nakobala Lisusu Te|