|Amabutho / Sikelela|
|Add Date:||2010-08-22||Pull Date:||2010-10-24||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 3||Sep 26||Sep 19||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29|
|1.||Oct 19, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Sep 30, 2010:||Chunder Down Under |
Old Nr 7, Nomalizo, Sikelala
|2.||Oct 16, 2010:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Sep 28, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Oct 12, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Sep 25, 2010:||Music Casserole |
The member of Amabutho come from all over South Africa and continues the South African tradition of combining influences from various cultures and styles. Musically complex and completely joyful. Featuring those tight vocal harmonies for which South African vocal groups are known. Play it all, dearies.|
1. Upbeat and lively w/busy percussion & great vocals.
2. Percussion opens then layers of energetic goodness.
3. Bright and happy w/driving perc. Sweet.
4. Big percussion w/complex interplays. Then big vocals. Yow!
5. Happy and swaying w/lots of energy & style.
6. Great a capella intro, then drums & big chorus.
7. Happy percussion intro to soaring call/response vox.
8. Bright percussion into a midtempo vocal swarm.
9. Upbeat w/energetic vocals and wild style.
10. Cool percussion showcase with layers and tempos. So good.
|5.||Ndzeleketsi||10.||Old Nr 7|