|Add Date:||2010-09-05||Pull Date:||2010-11-07|
|Week Ending:||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Oct 3||Sep 26||Sep 19|
|1.||Mar 29, 2013:||Time Traveler
|4.||Nov 10, 2010:||The Independent Mind
Wall Of Water
|2.||Feb 03, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe
We Never Had Much
|5.||Nov 03, 2010:||The Independent Mind
My Old Face, King Among Kings
|3.||May 05, 2011:||The Dismemberment of Aimee Light
|6.||Oct 27, 2010:||The Independent Mind
try: 2, 9, 4, 1
*1. starts small & slow (~2 sec to sound). minimalist builder with hella ambience and ‘ah’s. mournful melodic two-note guitar and cymbal-heavy drums. low-rent arcade fire, yes, but also effective. ‘we were too busy being exactly where we were at.’
*2. slow sad bells and clear picked hammer-on guitar. picks up into a tight, sad groove. nice electric guitar doubling for the last bit.
3. brushed drums & slow chord piano. super-exposed scratchy raw vox. very doom and gloom. very jeff buckley. muddy, fuzzy, reachy.
*4. simple arpeggiated picked guitar segues into very warm, very lush hand-drum chorus: ‘good old younger days.’ a little bright eyes in this one. goes fuzz/scratch in the last minute.
5. FCC “fucked up” bare-bones acoustic and shakers, along the lines of bright eyes’s ‘lua’. great & sad folky melody.
6. big hymnal vox & jungle drums. picks up into slightly boppy accordion-flanked verses. sad as shit melodic electric guitar carries it out.
7. wtf. 1-min sailor sing-song with hilarious sesame street bells. great fill!
8. handclaps and kid-practice piano. picks up into an upbeat B&S style prance-in-the-park tune. and then there’s the fast & chipper strumming. very cute.
*9. melodic minor electric. sad and tight. ‘oooh’s. accordion. full sound. ‘my friends were my friends you know who i’m talking about, and those others were just kids i would hang around.’
10. heavy somber piano and slow vocals. also slow wall of sound chorus. super reachy. serious jeff buckley action here.
11. church-at-dawn ambience, what sounds like bicycle bells. moves into waltzy piano. fuzzy, swaying, melty.
12. happiest track on the record, and also the lamest. oom-pah-pah accordion carousel fare. pretty syrupy lyrics.
|3.||My Old Face||9.||We Never Had Much|
|4.||King Among Kings||10.||Wall Of Water|
|5.||Story Of Love||11.||Cemetery|
|6.||Good Old World||12.||Moving On|