|Gastelum, Cochemea / Electric Sound Of Johnny Arrow, The|
|Album:||Electric Sound Of Johnny Arrow, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2010-08-29||Pull Date:||2010-10-31|
|Week Ending:||26 Sep||19 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Feb 24, 2021:||Some Songs Without Words |
|4.||Sep 18, 2010:||lost and found |
|2.||Feb 25, 2011:||microclimate |
|5.||Sep 16, 2010:||Nick & Noah @ Night |
|3.||Sep 21, 2010:||Smartie Pop |
|6.||Sep 16, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
Cochemea Gastelum – Electric Sound of Johnny Arrow|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/27/10
Super hip, funky, Afro-Latin boogaloo by a NYC sax player who’s worked with folks like the Dap Kings, Antibalas, Budos Band… Bits of everything groovy mashed together in lots of sweet ways. Love this. All instrumentals, although track 3 has bits of spoken samples mixed in.
1. 3:40 ****swingy cumbia with scratcher, horn section, and bit of exotica/spy movie feel.
2. 3:27 ****downtempo slinky shuffle with flute – very groovy and funky.
3. 4:00 ****mid to downtempo cumbia, (cocktail) party sounds, hints of War.
4. 4:06 **electronic chimes, then very chill funky electric guitar, super relaxed.
5. 3:19 ***uptempo chugging funky groove with cowbell & percussion.
6. 4:18 **uptempo lowrider boogie with flute. Big dramatic chord midway through, then back with stuttering guitar sound.
7. 4:05 ****short guitar intro, then very upbeat percussion-driven soul makossa groove. Gets kinda psychedelic-jazzy by the end.
8. 3:43 *chill soul jazz with chimes and some sort of vocoder-sax combo – not uninteresting.
9. 3:15 **sound like the intro to a “tropical paradise” advert, but goes kinda electronica funky-jazzy and a bit dissonant.
10. 3:05 *faint chords and echo-y beeps, very chill jazz horns with odd nervous-chill orchestration.
|1.||Dark City||6.||Impala '73|
|2.||Arrow's Theme||7.||Fathom 5|
|4.||You're So Good To Me||9.||Beijo Do Sol|