|Lemuria / First Collection, The|
|Album:||First Collection, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Asian Man Records|
|Add Date:||2010-12-05||Pull Date:||2011-02-06|
|Week Ending:||30 Jan||23 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Jul 25, 2019:||veggie tales |
|4.||Jan 16, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO |
|2.||May 04, 2017:||satin fever |
|5.||Dec 28, 2010:||.... and Noah |
|3.||Jan 28, 2011:||microclimate |
Lick Your Lips
|6.||Dec 22, 2010:||groove (twee) time - panic |
Irresistibly catchy pop-punk with melodic indie sensibilities. The word that comes to mind is “cute” but that doesn’t mean it’s at all childish. The combination is an astounding mixture of melodic, harmonizing pop, almost radio-friendly in its perfection, with unfiltered punk passion. Take 90s Green Day minus the Ramones, add a teenage Heart voice on vocals, and you’ve got a pretty good idea. Male punk fans will question their masculinity after listening to this and liking it, but I think that’s part of the point. FCC: 1, 5.|
1. Major-key punk melody with some organ, and luscious vocals might raise your organ. FCC
2. Slower ballad, male vox come in, piano twinkling over the pop guitar.
3. Upbeat and catchy with harmonizing backup vox, sticky-sweet and uplifting.
4. More varying rhythms and crashing drums.
5. Quieter, tense palm-muting, with harmonies, then it gets louder. FCC
6. Haunting guitar melodies trade off with pulsating bass and soaring vox.
7. Melancholy like rain on a window, with higher bass presence and trading vox.
8. Faster, more upbeat and major key.
9. Slower and churning rhythm, fading guitars and pulsing bass.
10. Pretty much just a faster version of the previous song.
11. Another typical song of theirs, this time male vox dominates.
12. Upbeat and harmonious.
13. Slower and introspective.
14. Moody, boy/girl tradeoff vox.
15. Upbeat and rock-ish, but boring whiny male vox melodies.
16. Rockin pop-punk, early Green Day-ish sung with a calm gal’s voice.
17. Happy poppy, plus acoustic guitar.
18. Acoustic demo version of track 11.
(Reviewed by Diego)