|Red Asphalt / Symphonie Fantastique|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2011-03-20||Pull Date:||2011-05-22|
|Week Ending:||22 May||15 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr|
|1.||Dec 12, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Mar 22, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Tuba's Doing Fine
|2.||Aug 09, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Mar 15, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Dec 20, 2012:||The Penultimate Show |
Edgar Varese's Flute
|6.||Dec 29, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
These guys produced some albums back in the early ‘80‘s and have gotten back together recently and here they present some more weirded-out sounds and lyrics. (Check out the cool one-sheet). It’s got that ‘80‘s thing going on with keyboards, drum machines and the like, but completely bent. Lots of songs referencing music and instruments, all insanely done. For fans of Dick Panthers, or anything which can’t be classified. All songs worth checking out. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10.
1. (2:48) Mid. Strings, keys, percussion and wailing guitar present an epic aural experience. Upbeat, ominous, exhilarating.
2. (2:19) Mid. Great vocal, processed a bit, but up-front and funny sounding. Music has an ’80’s feel to it with the keys and drum beat.
3. *(3:04) Mid. Operatic, Malcolm McLaren-like. Hilarious lyrics.
4. *(3:18) Mid. Spoken vocal intro. Lyrics about a tuba, quite funny. Dick Panthers influence for sure. Dance to it or laugh at it, great stuff.
5. (3:39) Slow / Mid. Really has that ’80’s keyboard vibe going on. 10 seconds of silence at end.
6. (2:26) Mid. Trippy cinematic sound, maybe a bit of a Chinese sound, drum machine, echoey vocals.
7. *(2:52) Mid. Plodding beat, heavy electronic sounds. Song about a violin man, lyrics completely corny and comedic.
8. *(4:10) Slow. Self-referential lyrics. It’s got that Tom Waits ‘9th & Hennepin’ thing going on. As the singer says this song is a ‘rehearsal’. Killer stuff.
9. *(3:37) Mid / Fast. Heavy metal, dance, what the hell is this?? A bit of Oingo Boingo. Kicks ass.
10. *(2:24) Mid. Female vocal - or some weirded-out processed male vocal?? Lots of percussion, keys. ‘He’s fat and has a bald head - so I don’t look at him’. What the fuck?? Completely bizarre and beautiful.
11. (2:35) Mid. Steady drum beat, watery bass or keys effect, triangles.
12. (2:42) Mid. Lots of noise behind the lead vocal. Story told by the piano.
|1.||Symphonie Fantastique||7.||Violin Man|
|2.||Great Sex||8.||Extreme Measures|
|3.||I Am A Tenor||9.||Devil Trombones|
|4.||Tuba's Doing Fine||10.||Edgar Varese's Flute|
|5.||In Old Ostinato||11.||Mindy The Triangle Player|