|Austin, Sherry / Love Still Remains|
|Album:||Love Still Remains||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Barking Topiary Records|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||10 Jun|
|1.||Dec 29, 2021:||That's Not Bluegrass (rebroadcast from Jun 8, 2012) |
Red Tail Hawk
|4.||Jul 10, 2018:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Eyes Of A Painter
|2.||Nov 08, 2021:||Traditions (rebroadcast from Nov 5, 2021) |
|5.||Oct 20, 2017:||Magic Mix |
Red Tail Hawk
|3.||Nov 05, 2021:||Traditions |
|6.||Jan 05, 2016:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Winter Comes On Slow
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Sherry Austin is based in the Bay Area and this is an album of Kate Wolf songs done quite well. It’s folk, s/s, country - Americana. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, percussion, cello, mandolin, pedal steel, etc. Austin’s voice is velvety, smooth and sweet. Released 2010. Beautiful stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 12, 13.
1. *(3:09) Slow / Mid. Beautiful mandolin, flute?, guitar, heavenly vibe w/ great vocal delivery.
2. (4:37) Slow / Mid. Easy paced story song, nice pedal steel w/ a country feel.
3. *(3:49) Mid / Fast. Upbeat and driving. Great playing by all w/ some harmony.
4. (3:04) Mid. Percussion, backing vocals, beautiful and heartfelt.
5. *(4:56) Slow / Mid. Classic country sound w/ pedal steel, plodding beat. Blissful.
6. *(3:58) Slow / Mid. Song by Austin. Beautiful cello to lead in, quiet guitar. Wow.
7. (3:47) Mid. Steady beat, a bit ominous, some harmonies, easy guitar.
8. (5:18) Slow. Very measured vocal delivery w/ mandolin, harmonies. Beautiful.
9. (3:36) Mid. Pacing beat w/mandolin, guitar, percussion.
10. (4:18) Slow / Mid. Big country vibe w/ pedal steel, drums, piano.
11. (4:30) Slow / Mid. Mellow, cello, piano, quiet guitar, easy vocal delivery.
12. *(3:26) Mid / Fast. Driving w/ violin, guitar, pedal steel, drums, backing vocals.
13. *(4:58) Slow. Thoughtful tune. Simple guitar, male harmonies. Beautiful.
14. (3:06) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL of Track #1.