|Blue Giant / Blue Giant|
|Add Date:||2010-11-21||Pull Date:||2011-01-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov|
|1.||May 05, 2011:||Daydream Disaster |
|4.||Jan 20, 2011:||Daydream Disaster |
Clean The Clock
|2.||Apr 09, 2011:||Everyday Commotion |
|5.||Jan 13, 2011:||Daydream Disaster |
|3.||Mar 18, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Jan 07, 2011:||Everyday Commotion |
Run Rabbit Run
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
This is the full length album of the Target Heart EP (in our library). Lots of stylings here like folk, blues, rock, country and alt-country. Nice use of harmonica and slide guitar. Both male and female vocals. Think Old ’97’s, Simon & Garfunkel, or a bit of Uncle Tupelo. [Songs 1, 2, 4, 5 and 9 are from the Target Heart EP and are Alan Joyce’s reviews]. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 8, 10.
1. (4:02) Mid / Fast. Twangy guitar interacts with dreamy male / female vocals. Waxes upbeat as it progresses.
2. *(3:07) Mid / Fast. Oh yeah! Energetic strumming leads into electric guitar with catchy vocal harmonies. Joined by a harmonica and clapping. What’s not to love?
3. (2:15) Mid / Fast. Right out the gate, a real foot-stomper with prominent guitar / drums. Guitar soloing and a vocal style similar to, maybe, Old 97’s.
4. (2:57) Mid. Gentle, melodic female vocals over a mid-perky beat.
5. (2:58) Slow / Mid. Plodding and mid / slow. Way too many obvious repetitions of “you keep shooting at my target heart.” It gets annoying by the end.
6. (4:20) Mid. Acoustic guitar and chorus intro leads into full band. Lyric delivery mimics guitar strumming. Interlude of guitar and female vocal. Ends with dreaminess.
7. (4:47) Mid. Marching band drumbeat with stony vocal delivery. Loud and rocking passages with some lead guitar work.
8. *(2:31) Mid / Fast. Cool banjo and backing vocals. Nice slide guitar and harmonica. A real upbeat number.
9. (2:56) Slow / Mid. Classic mid / slow break-up song with harmonious male / female vocals.
10. *(3:25) Mid / Fast. Fairly bluesy song with a rocking presence. Kind of a filler tune, though fairly well done. Gets fast at the end with some guitar feedback.
11. (3:52) Mid. Folksy tune, a la Simon & Garfunkel, almost a rip-off, but well done.
12. (4:01) Slow. A little bit country, with female vocal. Dreamy, with lots of space. Guitar and drums predominate.
|1.||Clean The Clock||7.||Go On|
|2.||Blue Sunshine||8.||Run Rabbit Run|
|3.||Wesley||9.||Gone For Good (With Corin Tucker)|
|4.||Lonely Girl||10.||The Game|
|5.||Target Heart||11.||The Void Above The Sky|
|6.||When Will The Sun Shine?||12.||Reasons To Cry|