|Perry, Lee "Scratch" / Revelation|
|Artist:||Perry, Lee "Scratch"||Added:||08/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-08-29||Pull Date:||2010-10-31||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep|
|1.||Oct 12, 2014:||the springfield law review |
Books Of Moses
|4.||Jan 01, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Apr 29, 2011:||Nick&Noah vs Real&Chance |
|5.||Nov 20, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Let There Be Light
|3.||Apr 23, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Oct 30, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Lee Scratch Perry – Revelation|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/26/10
The dub and madness that only Scratch can do. Great riddims, voyages inside the singular brain of Scratch – and guest appearances by Keef and Clinton. We’ve heard these things from Scratch before, so I suppose this is no real revelation – so what? The riddims are great and the vocals are insane. Yay!
No FCCs on this one – whew! I like 3, 5, 7, 11, 13 best – but all are great.
1. 5:39 ***electronic thunder, then slow slinky skank with laid-back female backing vocals, demented preaching.
2. 4:48 ***announcement from Scratch, then rather uptempo jaunty riddim. Scratch tells us WE are mentally ill? Hooray!
3. 4:45 ****super groovy uptempo rockin’ ska with electronic lizards and schizophrenic party invitations. Plus! The FBI won’t be there!
4. 4:40 ***squeebles, then lovely downtempo roots groove with lots of happy sounds. Only the very BEST angels are invited.
5. 4:45 *****deeply frightening vocal intro, buzzes and jolly vocals – George Clinton adds his own madness.
6. 4:45 ***Scratch converses with a psychotic German robot, but then there’s swingy relaxed dancing and deranged preaching, so it’s all good. Stops dead and grunts a few times here and there.
7. 5:13 ****Scratch tells Moses where to go. Very groovy, swingy, bluesy downtempo stepping razor riddim (lots due to guest Keef Richards.) Ends 16 secs. early with low whooshing sounds….
8. 4:59 ***wind chimes for 18 secs, slowly taking shape into nice bouncy midtempo riddim. Scratch expresses his issues with money and California.
9. 4:33 ***hello! Downtempo bouncy groove starts about 20 seconds in, with random sounds and maybe a bit of scratching. Points for rhyming Psalm with Shazam.
10. 4:23 ***ducks? Ah. Boo Evil. OK. Suddenly, totally cool midtempo riddim, female backing vocals. Stops with several seconds of very faint ducks midway through.
11. 3:58 ****freaky. Downtempo, relaxed, but nuts. What’s with Michael’s nose? OH! THAT Michael! (slapping forehead)
12. 4:20 ***very nice bluesy, slightly uptempo gallop.
13. 4:26 ***blooples, cool downtempo wiggle, grunty and groovy and totally happy-making. (FCC warning –faint orgasmic sounds)