|Kabutogani / Bektop|
|Add Date:||2010-10-10||Pull Date:||2010-12-12||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||12 Dec||14 Nov||31 Oct||17 Oct|
|1.||Dec 11, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Oct 28, 2010:||blood orangeasm |
|2.||Nov 09, 2010:||Nothing Rhymes With Smorange |
|5.||Oct 16, 2010:||lost and found |
|3.||Oct 30, 2010:||lost and found |
|6.||Oct 12, 2010:||Nothing Rhymes with Orange |
Kabutogani: Bektop Label: Mille Plateaux|
Textured noise collages & electronic experimentation here. Kabutogani is a French producer who's done some stuff for the "Clicks & Cuts" compilation. This is not a particularly dance-y CD - it's far more on the experimental side. Lots of clicks & hi-pitched test tones. The noise ranges from harsh to less harsh. Like most experimental-electronic/noise albums, it's really ultimately your call as to which pieces work for you. The ones that worked for me: 2,4,5,8
1. Noises & scratches & hi-pitched tones, grinding beats
2. Noises & test-tone textures layered over irregular pulses & grinding bass
3. Spooky ambient texture with low bass drone
4. Begins noisy/thunderous, ends sparsely w/ various whirrs & blips
5. Harsh & intense. Textured noises over mechanical grinds.
6. Sharp hi-pitched tone. Layered crisps & clicks.
7. Assortment of hi-pitched tones, clicks, whirrs, mechanical grinding
8. Most gentle track so far. Ambience w/ the occasional click/whirr.
9. Crispy & clicky over a bass-y tone.
10. Atmospheric, with assorted noise layered on top of swirls
11. Alternating grinding low bass tones with abrasive textured noises
12. Long collage of electro-acoustic noises & tones
|6.||The Green Dome||12.||Kuril Probe|