|Hurricane Bells / Tonight Is The Ghost|
|Album:||Tonight Is The Ghost||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Hurricane Bells||Added:||Sep 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-09-12||Pull Date:||2010-11-14|
|Week Ending:||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Oct 3||Sep 26|
|1.||May 05, 2011:||The Dismemberment of Aimee Light |
The Winters In New York
|4.||Nov 05, 2010:||Time Traveler (for MC Dizzy) |
|2.||Feb 04, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Oct 26, 2010:||Time Traveler |
I Can't Remember
|3.||Nov 09, 2010:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Oct 19, 2010:||Noah&Noah: SwedeCivics |
Oh, we’re adding this late. Never matter: straight-ahead cross between Wilco and the Counting Crows. Okay, maybe a little bit of The National, if you want to get current. One-man band: it’s the frontman of Longwave (Steve Schiltz), and he’s got a really engrossing, Mr. Sensitive voice that never panders or pushes. Jeff Tweedy pipes school to the max. Mellow and downtrodden indie. Low and cracking male vox. Some shoegaze in there. Super chill and nondescript, but also very pretty. |
So. Apparently hurricane bells are huge gongs that seaside peeps hang in trees, for harbingering and whatnot. They only ring when winds are fierce. Just so’s ya know.
try: 1, 8, 3
*1. easy wailing, purposeful vox and pedal piano that belongs on yankee hotel foxtrot. picks up with amped volume and drumrolling.
2. rocky. siren guitar, melody bass and pomp drums. mainstreamy.
*3. comes on like a 50s slow song... at ye olde homecoming dance. slow chord piano, slow kick drum... and then layered, watery ‘la’s.
4. vaguely spanish -- slow shakers and waltzy picked guitar. shoegazey chorus.
5. upbeat slightly island groovester. cool slurring bass line and syncopated strumming.
6. 1-min track. upbeat instrumental. slidy strummed acoustic, shakers, and singing electric. there is... whistling. little on the bayou side.
7. upbeat. shakers. luau chord bends. train track rhythm.
*8. tight minor acoustic strumming and haunty high-vibe riff. really nice downcycling chord progression. a bass line reminiscent of the arcade fire’s ‘ocean of noise’.
9. busy fingerpicking and tambourine. ambient held notes and percussive effects like horse clops. ‘you’re an accident waiting to happen.’ ends with plinky key/vibe ambience. fade early.
10. big slow doom. loose cymbals and circular high-note riffs. tired, haunted sound. great alternating use of spare space and hard-hitting drums. instrumental.
|2.||This Is A Test||7.||Freezing Rain|
|3.||I Can't Remember||8.||The Winters In New York|
|4.||Tonight I'm Going To Be Like A Shooting Star||9.||The Cold Has Killed Us|
|5.||Darkness Is So Deep||10.||Tenterhooks|