|Copy / Hard Dream|
|Label:||Audio Dregs Records|
|Add Date:||2011-10-09||Pull Date:||2011-12-11||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||13 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||Dec 11, 2011:||Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
I Can Smell It
|4.||Oct 24, 2011:||Beatslick |
One Less Time
|2.||Nov 19, 2011:||Music Casserole |
One Less Time
|5.||Oct 23, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
|3.||Nov 06, 2011:||Everything. |
|6.||Oct 16, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
Underground dance music from Portland's excellent Audio Dregs Records (run by prolific PDX DJ and musician E*Rock). Lots of glitch and 8-bit influence. Fits nicely alongside stuff by labelmates ROTFLOL, Dim Dim, Ratatat. FCC CLEAN |
*1. Epic buzzy intro track. Upbeat lighthearted house with disco percussion and handclaps--the name "One Less Time" being an obvious nod to the Daft Punk song of a similar name.
2. Upbeat, high-end leaning, chipper. I never had a Gameboy, but I'm pretty sure they sounded something like this.
*3. Moody, free-flowing dancefloor. Brings Kavinsky to mind.
*4. Light, airy into leads into awesome high-end fluctuations. Great growling basslines.
*5. Deep thudding bass, slow ascending synthesizers, spill your martini on the way to the dancefloor.
6. Chimes, sparkly riffs, deep punchy bass. Remember J-Kwon? Yeah? Me too! Well this could be like the "Tipsy" remix.
7. Rapidly-pulsing synthesizer. A bit too fast to work well, in my opinion. Maybe for chase scenes? No?
8. Deep, slow, molasses basslines. Might work on a good system. Probably not for radio, but still cool nevertheless.
9. Slow and introspective. Then gets kind of cheesy.
10. Dance-pop. Crazy spastic synth lines. Unless you want to feel like you're playing DDR, this probably won't work.
|1.||One Less Time||6.||Real Scared|
|2.||Shoots||7.||It Could Have Been More|
|3.||Breakfast||8.||I Didn't Know|
|4.||Something||9.||On One Condition|
|5.||I Can Smell It||10.||Stay Away From It|