|Upsidedown, The / Town With Bad Wiring, The|
|Album:||Town With Bad Wiring, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-03-20||Pull Date:||2011-05-22|
|Week Ending:||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||3 Apr||27 Mar|
|1.||May 20, 2011:||awmeow |
|4.||Apr 26, 2011:||meow |
|2.||May 10, 2011:||meow |
God's Bare Hands
|5.||Apr 02, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|3.||May 05, 2011:||e hele aku a ho'i mai |
God's Bare Hands
|6.||Mar 24, 2011:||meowgasm |
Your Sister's Cool
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Lots of influences here, but mostly subtle shoegazing. There’s few lyrics within the songs. It’s guitar, drum, bass, keys and a few other instruments as well. The instrumental parts are really magnetic. I wasn’t sure about this album when I listened at the review area, but I’m happy I reviewed it; there’s lots to like here. Peter Buck (R.E.M.) guests on #6. No FCC’s. |
*My Favorites*: 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10.
1. (3:09) Mid. Big guitar, strong drums, stretched-out vocals, background vocals. It’s loud and catchy.
2. *(6:51) Mid. Swirling keys, ominous sound, spacey, droney. Really stretched-out vocals. Few lyrics. Very Jane’s Addiction.
3. (3:54) Mid. Intro with radio surfing? Surf / punk beat. At one point I thought they were going to break out with ‘We Got The Beat’, but it gets very different and rocking. The voice sounds almost like Peter Murphy’s (Bauhaus). Again, few lyrics, a bit of shoegazing.
4. (7:25) Mid. Random noises leads into guitar, bass, drums. Droning and mellow. Random far-off vocals.
5. *(3:51) Mid / Fast. Drums galore, guitar solos. Whispered, but up-front, vocal delivery. Maybe a bit R.E.M. sounding, musically.
6. *(4:19) Slow / Mid. Featuring Peter Buck (R.E.M.) on guitars. Kind of psychedelic with tambourine, plodding drum and guitars. There’s a bit of an interlude with 1:50 remaining.
7. *(6:48) Mid. Nature sound intro, then noise. Drums enter with shoegazing guitar, percussion. Gets loose, free, spacey and just really cool jamming. Cool ending.
8. *(3:44) Mid / Fast. Bluesy with harmonica. Rollicking and driving. Great vocal effects.
9. (4:18) Mid. Droning, percussive, hollow female vocals. Stretched-out and spacey. Slow fade.
10. *(5:22) Slow / Mid. Big ’80’s rock, post-punk (check out the similarity of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ Up Jumped The Devil), Mexican trumpet. A hodgepodge of styles. Gets really jamming toward the end.
11. (5:46) Mid. Later Les Claypool bass sound, keys, drums. Big build-up until vocals come in. Background vocals.
12. (7:18) Mid. Noise intro, then drums, then band. Mostly a drone piece, very spacey and ethereal. Ultra-long fade out.
|1.||Something Good||7.||Hang On|
|2.||Your Sister's Cool||8.||Whiskey Boots Of Snake|
|4.||Town With Bad Wiring||10.||Indio Bernice|
|5.||God's Bare Hands||11.||Night Kissed|