|Homestories, The / Click-Click Clack Clack!|
|Album:||Click-Click Clack Clack!||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-02-27||Pull Date:||2011-05-01|
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar|
|1.||Apr 20, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|4.||Mar 11, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Mar 31, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Thank You Goodbye, Everything, Minibar
|5.||Mar 10, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
Loud And Clear
|3.||Mar 22, 2011:||The Independent Mind |
|6.||Mar 05, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Very playful and magnetic effort here for The Homestories’ first release. A male and female two piece, who share the vocals. Very Indie sound. Can get kind of trippy at times, which is well-done. Drums, keys, guitar, organ, and a bit of trombone. No FCC’s. |
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8.
1. *(2:31) Mid. Hand claps drive this children’s-like song. Guitar, drums, keys. Male / female duet singing.
2. (2:42) Mid / Fast. Kind of an ’80’s sound. Also picking up on Franz Ferdinand. Organ, drums predominate.
3. *(3:33) Mid / Fast. Cool cowbell. Alternating male / female vocals. Great instrumental break at 1;00 remaining.
4. (3:19) Mid. A bit spacey, sparse. Minimal lyrics. Drums, guitar predominate.
5. *(3:18) Fast. Carnivalistic, driving. Crunchy guitar, insane keys. Trippy and kick-ass.
6. (3:44) Mid / Fast. Guitar, hand claps, drums. Driving, magic carpet-ride to Istanbul.
7. *(3:03) Slow / Mid. Smooth, sexy female vocal delivery channeling divas of yore. Dreamy, ethereal, beautiful. Great song for early morning / late night.
8. *(4;08) Mid. Drums, hand claps, crunchy organ to open. Shaker and vocals enter. The organ parts are epic, though mostly in the background. Great vocal duets.
9. (2:39) Mid. Plodding and playful. Nice toy piano sound. A bit of Fiona Apple sound on the vocals.
10. (2:28) Mid / Fast. Driving music, relentless vocals. Drum, guitar predominates.
|3.||Loud And Clear||8.||Minibar|
|4.||Lucky, The Rollerskater||9.||Everything|
|5.||Summer Residence||10.||Thank You Goodbye|