|Ima Robot / Another Man's Treasure|
|Album:||Another Man's Treasure||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Echo Park Records|
|Add Date:||2011-02-20||Pull Date:||2011-04-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||13 Mar||6 Mar|
|1.||Jun 25, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Sail With Me
|4.||Apr 12, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
|2.||Apr 19, 2011:||broken flowers |
Life Is Short
|5.||Apr 05, 2011:||Treeswinger Radio |
|3.||Apr 19, 2011:||Treeswinger Radio |
Pass It On
|6.||Apr 02, 2011:||Music Casserole |
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN--|
Ima Robot formed in the late 1990s and is based in Los Angeles, California. Their music covers multiple genres and features Alex Ebert on lead vocals. “Another Man’s Treasure” is the band’s third album and it was written and recorded in the period after the band was released from its obligations with Virgin Records, allowing the band to explore and end up with a softer, more electronic rock sound.
1. “One Man’s Trash” is reminiscent of Jane’s Addiction and sets the tone for the rest of the album.
2. “Ruthless”, the first single off the album, is a strange track with a mumbling voice and an eerie, dark feeling.
3. “Rough Night” has a slow beat coupled with low, hushed vocals.
4. “Life Is Short” is an odd, happy tune that combines reggae and synth sounds.
5. “Sail With Me” is a synth-heavy, intense track with a simple beat and morbid, hedonistic lyrics.
6. “Pass It On’ is a repetitive, but truly heart warming and fun song about love.
7. “Shine Shine” is a beautiful acoustic folk rock tune and a definite standout track.
8. “Swell” is a completely instrumental song that is pleasing and relaxing.
My picks: 2, 5, 7 Ramzi Salti
|1.||Intro||5.||Sail With Me|
|2.||Ruthless||6.||Pass It On|
|3.||Rough Night||7.||Shine Shine|
|4.||Life Is Short||8.||Swell|