|Mind Cinema / Sun Beat|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||May 05, 2011:||Orangeasm Sub |
|4.||Apr 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||May 02, 2011:||Your Alibi |
|5.||Mar 16, 2011:||anti-heroine: ODEs ii |
|3.||Apr 26, 2011:||meow |
|6.||Mar 13, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO with special guest RANGERS |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Mind Cinema is quite an apt name for this band. The music could easily accompany the visual medium. And it’s really quite a mind trip as well. Ethereal, spacey, a definite excursion into the nether regions of the psyche. Synths, drum machines, vocal manipulations, effects-heavy, background vocals and voices. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 4, 8.
1. (5:07) Slow / Mid. Echoey vocals, spacey, disjointed. Vocal manipulations, synth, drum machine. Just weird, but pretty cool.
2. *(4:25) Mid. Dreamy, ethereal. Percussive, dramatic, driving. Trippy vocals. Guitar solo near the end.
3. (5:10) Mid. Short, male vocal intro about hallucinogens. Cymbals add nice atmosphere to epic soundscape. Stretched out vocal delivery.
4. *(4:40) Mid / Fast. Eerie sounding, hallow male vocal intro. Gets driving, drum-driven, cool guitar. Vocal manipulation break, then rocks. Long fade.
5. (6:04) Slow / Mid. Guitar, drum, keys intro. Really spacey stuff, vocally. Drawn-out and echoey. Guitar, drum predominate. Another epic sound.
6. (5:01) Mid. Kind of an ’80’s sound. Maybe Falco or Kraftwerk. The background voices are up-front and irritating.
7. (5:11) Mid. Smorgasbord of voices. Drum, guitar heavy. Dreamy.
8. *(3:12) Mid. Super effects to start, then acoustic guitar with male vocal, female backing vocal. Easy-going and upbeat.
|2.||Lovesick High||6.||Sun Beat|
|3.||Solar Rays||7.||Calling The Magazine|
|4.||Downsides Of Freedom||8.||Rec 22|