|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||May 8||Apr 24||Apr 17||Mar 20|
|1.||May 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
I Was Her Cowboy
|4.||Apr 21, 2011:||Double Daydream Disaster
Dodos And Dinosaurs
|2.||May 05, 2011:||Daydream Disaster
|5.||Apr 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Take Your Son To Church Mother
|3.||Apr 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
|6.||Mar 17, 2011:||Daydream Disaster
*My Favorites*: 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 15, 16.
1. (3:48) Slow. Spacey, dreamy, mellow. Like a drug-induced state, this song takes you higher on a magic carpet ride.
2. *(3:16) Mid / Fast. Folksy with a driving beat and electric guitar country fills. Makes you feel like getting up a dance a jig.
3. (3:34) Slow. Nice acoustic picking guitar and pedal or dobro. Really dreamy, about loss of love.
4. *(2:36) Slow / Mid. Percussion, recorder, tambourine. Eastern sound with nice plodding drumming, ethereal and moody.
5. *(3;37) Mid. Very folksy, kind of Simon & Garfunkel-ish. Nice melody.
6. *(4:45) Mid / Fast. Country, folk. Percussion, acoustic guitar, then it breaks out into a rocker with heavy drums. Alternates between mellow and uptempo. Song about the effects of church and religion.
7. (3:00) Mid / Fast. Alternating between big and loud then quieter phrases. Rocking phrases and more orchestral phrases. A bit disjointed but interesting.
8. (2:39) Mid. Folky, kind of James Taylor. It’s got a nice organ supporting the acoustic guitar.
9. *(3:48) Mid / Fast. Driving, epic, dreamy, folksy. A great story-song about a guy running rum and his predicament.
10. (4:01) Slow / Mid. Dreamy, ethereal, picking guitar. A bit of a Beatles feel. Pedal steel gives it a country sound toward the end.
11. (2:57) Mid. Poppy, dreamy, almost a Byrds thing going on. Psyche rock.
12. (2:51) Mid. Another dreamy pop song, sounding like many ’60’s era psychedelia. Organ, drums predominate.
13. (4:30) Slow / Mid. More of a singer / songwriter sound here. Parallels with Simon & Garfunkel. Cool acoustic guitar and strings.
14. (2:21) Mid. Definite Beatles sounding, psyche, folk, country sounds.
15. *(2:45) Mid. A Neil Young song done as a country sing-a-long type thing.
16. *(3;39) Slow / Mid. Dreamy with organ, drums, guitar up front. Nice, but short, guitar solos.
|1.||Dodos And Dinosaurs||9.||Rum Runner|
|2.||I Was Her Cowboy||10.||Sweetbriar Road|
|3.||Store Of Time||11.||Homemade Wine|
|4.||Gypsy||12.||Reaching Out For Someone|
|5.||Smallest Man In The World||13.||Wooden Wheels|
|6.||Take Your Son To Church Mother||14.||Tell Me A Story|
|7.||Borderline||15.||Dance Dance Dance|