Awesome glitchy electronica from Moscow underground producer Alexander Goryachev—a shadowy enigma who spends his days as a firefighter, and nights as a DJ in Russian clubs. Healthy smatterings of 80’s style synth, hammering bass, and 8-bit undertones all kick around on this nice lively dance EP.
All tracks are instrumental FCC CLEAN
Try: 1,3 or 6 (but you really can’t go wrong)
1. Sputtering and upbeat with a metallic luster. Futuristic.
2. 80’s breakbeat influences and slight accents of Kraftwerk-style electronica.
3. Heaps of 80’s dancefloor nostalgia, but with darker undertones. If The Terminator were to have a dance scene, this would be jamming in the background.
4. Funky and hardhitting. A super-busy “full” sounding song. Great synth interplay and lots of stutterstep drum machines.
5. A bit more mellow than the rest of the album. This track relies on more of an “outer space” sound with lots of echoed effects and sparse 8-bit.
6. Chopped up vocal effects and super-jivey electro. Like an 80’s workout song on steroids. Plus it has these awesome climbing 8-bit scales. You just have to hear it for yourself…