|Artist:||Zion Train||Added:||Jan 2011|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2011-01-02||Pull Date:||2011-03-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13||Feb 6||Jan 30||Jan 23||Jan 16|
|1.||Feb 26, 2011:||New World Disorder
Prime Bomb Master
|4.||Feb 05, 2011:||New World Disorder
Baby Father Feat. Yt/ Digital Dubs Remix
|2.||Feb 19, 2011:||New World Disorder
Bloodlines, Building Rome
|5.||Jan 29, 2011:||New World Disorder
|3.||Feb 12, 2011:||New World Disorder
Boxes And Amps
|6.||Jan 26, 2011:||A2Z
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/1/11
Roots Dub from Koln, Germany. One of the finest live dub acts in the world, ZT are pioneers in the practice of dynamic onstage dub mixing, which the band performs alongside acoustic instruments and the best live vocalists. ZT has also been heavily involved in alternative and DIY underground culture since the ‘90s. All tracks KILL. FCC on track 4.
1. 3:40 **mellow flutes and electronics intro, then forceful (yet wiggly) midtempo skank, sweet positivity lyrics.
2. 3:11 ***toasting intro, spoken word about sound systems with horns, upbeat shuffle-skank. Very groovy sound.
3. 3:14 ***swingy upbeat bubble, cool lyrics about terrorism.
4. 5:02 (FCC – “fucking”) **spoken intro – the announcement that the Iraq war was over when it wasn’t… Then very sad sort of moaning-singing, electronics and slow bass tones. Finally a sparse skank with toast about war.
5. 4:24 ***toast intro with keyboard chords, slow shuffling march, shout out to good fathers. Collab with Brazil’s best dub outfit.
6. 3:24 **midtempo skank with horn section, switches to electronic riddim with sweet vocals about family. Some nice harmonies, too.
7. 4:00 ***Same track as on Best of Deep Root but with extra electronic syncopation, Michael Rose vocals.
8. 7:53 ****fine midtempo bass-heavy dub with lots of random added elements, female vocals. Depressing political lyrics, but that’s ok. Serious dub stuff for last half of track.
|1.||Rainbow Children||5.||Baby Father Feat. Yt/ Digital Dubs Remix|
|2.||Boxes And Amps||6.||Bloodlines|
|3.||Terror Talk||7.||Prime Bomb Master|
|4.||What A Situation||8.||Building Rome|