|Crushed Stars / Convalescing In Braille|
|Album:||Convalescing In Braille||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-06-12||Pull Date:||2011-08-14|
|Week Ending:||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun|
|1.||Nov 22, 2012:||The Deadly Tango |
|4.||Aug 03, 2011:||Not That Simple |
Beatrice In The Otherworld
|2.||Aug 05, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
|5.||Jul 29, 2011:||Time Traveler (The Songsmith Show Edition) |
|3.||Aug 05, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Jul 22, 2011:||Time Traveler |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Crushed Stars is a Portland, Oregon-based band. It’s got a mild ’80’s goth influence and Todd Gautreau’s voice sounds quite like Peter Murphy’s (Bauhaus). Standard instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, keys. Gautreau plays most instruments. It’s mostly a mellower sounding album. Some nice stuff here. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 4, 8, 9.
1. (4:48) Mid. Quiet guitar and vocals to start, then band joins in. Dreamy and mellow, good country-road driving song.
2. *(4:52) Slow / Mid. Echoey vocals, plodding beat, moody and mellow. Fade-out with piano.
3. (4:33) Slow. Minimal guitar, keys. Whispered, echoey vocals.
4. *(4:35) Mid. Bigger sound here with a drum-driven, driving beat.
5. (4:24) Mid. First half, mellower, second half, drums propel the song. Guitar and keys ending.
6. (3:07) Slow. INSTRUMENTAL. Synth, piano, plucked guitar, bells. Really nice and moody.
7. (4:34) Slow. Piano predominates. Cool backing vocal. Great french horn.
8. *(4:02) Mid. Bigger sound with full band. Jangly, tingly and driving. Fades out.
9. *(5:21) Slow / Mid. Plodding beat, epic sounding with pronounced, yet subdued, drumming. Backing vocals.
10. (4:25) Slow / Mid. Guitar, keys, echoey vocals, cool horn.
|1.||Eyeliner||6.||A Day Without You|
|2.||Black Umbrellas||7.||Frost On Wires|
|4.||Technicolor||9.||Beatrice In The Otherworld|