|Habitat Sound Vs. Dub Traffik Control / Murder On Golden Hill|
|Album:||Murder On Golden Hill||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Habitat Sound Vs. Dub Traffik Control||Added:||01/2011|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2011-01-23||Pull Date:||2011-03-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 Mar||20 Mar||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb||13 Feb||30 Jan|
|1.||Jun 16, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Mar 25, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Run Run Run
|2.||Apr 02, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Zebras In The Dancehall
|5.||Mar 19, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Mar 26, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Mar 03, 2011:||Orangeasm - Mooseport |
Zebras In The Dubhall
Habitat Sound vs. Dub Traffik Control – Murder on Golden Hill|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/21/11
UK-style live sound system modern dub trio (from San Diego), UK steppers, dubstep, psychedelia. Did I mention dub? Very dubby dub. Stick your earballs up into this and get all woogly. I have to laugh, because the tracks are in pairs with the song followed by the dub, but the songs are what most folks would consider dubs, and the dubs take off from there…
Can’t make out most vocals, didn’t catch any FCCs. ALL GREAT.
1. 3:39 ** beep intro, then downtempo electronic skank with muted vocals, bits of sax, assorted groovy noises.
2. 4:50 ***same as above, only even dubbier.
3. 3:05 ***industrial hissy intro, then downtempo dub with a kinda sneaky vibe to it. Menacing far-away vocals, hint of melodica. And crashes and squingles.
4. 5:01 *** far-away voices and boppy little beat, sort of like the heartbeat of an extremely startled rabbit. Rather low-key, but full of sounds.
5. 2:54 **** beeps and clangs and very slow dub crawl. Snaky and nice. In fact, it’s perfect. I crown this track Princess.
6. 3:59 ***woobles and strangeness. There’s a slow beat, but the rest of it is nice and wormy and oogly.
7. 3:50 ***shaker and downtempo bubbly dubble. Actually kinda… pretty. Kinda.
8. 5:25 **similar to prior track, but slower and underwater. Ends with several seconds of drips.
9. 2:57 **** rather jaunty sightly downtempo echo-laden electronic swishy skank. Kinda goofy far-off vocals and bit of riddim that’s really familiar and I can’t quite place, dammit.
10. 4:38 ***nonsense echo-y vocals, electronic metal machine skank. You can shake your metal butt to it!
|1.||La Boca||6.||Tenaj Dub|
|2.||Duboca||7.||Burn Them Again|
|3.||Run Run Run||8.||Dub Them Again|
|4.||Run Run Dub||9.||Zebras In The Dancehall|
|5.||Tenaj Bud||10.||Zebras In The Dubhall|