|Add Date:||2011-02-06||Pull Date:||2011-04-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 27||Mar 20||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Apr 09, 2011:||New World Disorder
|4.||Mar 25, 2011:||New World Disorder
Burning Fire Version
|2.||Apr 02, 2011:||New World Disorder
|5.||Mar 19, 2011:||New World Disorder
Walk With Jah (12" Mix)
|3.||Mar 26, 2011:||New World Disorder
In My Heart Version
|6.||Feb 26, 2011:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 2/4/11
Roots Rock Reggae with strong Rastafarian message. Chezidek has a fine voice and does interesting things with it, and a solid band, and to make things even better, most of the tracks flow right into the dubs. Put the player on “continuous” and enjoy. I really enjoy tracks 13-14 in particular. Not a big fan of love songs (track 10) although it’s got a great dub. Everything else is good to great, and I couldn’t hear any FCCs (he’s not that kinda guy…)
1. 3:41 **upbeat, bouncy bubble, love song to pot.
2. 4:32 **version, with pingy echoes. Nice!
3. 3:12 **midtempo irie skank with horn section, true talk. Very sweet singing, belying harsh lyrics. Goes all dubby, slides into next track
4. 2:07 **dub of above.
5. 3:51 ***strong midtempo bubble, slice o’ life lyrics.
6. 3:34 **dub of above. Sax is a bit smooth-jazzy, but it’s still nice.
7. 2:58 ***midtempo bubble with interesting. falsetto vocalizations, sweet and mellow Rasta hymn.
8. 2:19 ***sparse dub of above.
9. 3:03 ***small false start, then jaunty bubble, cool upful lyrics/vocals.
10. 4:04 *sweet and mellow bubble, love song.
11. 4:58 ***dub of the above – totally better.
12. 4:44 ***downtempo, rather slinky bubble, interesting low singing, duet.
13. 3:06 ***really nice uptempo bubble, more Rasta philosophizing.
14. 3:37 ****version of above – good stuff.
15. 3:31 **pretty and upfull uptempo bubble.
16. 4:50 ***very downtempo bubble with blatty keyboards (love that sound), somber lyrics.
17. 4:44 **pleasant, bouncy but mellow bubble.