|Album:||How Are We Doing And Who Will Tell Us?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Jack O' The Clock||Added:||Feb 2011|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05|
|Week Ending:||May 8||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10|
|1.||Apr 19, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
|4.||Apr 22, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Back To The Swamp
|2.||Oct 21, 2012:||The Mongrel's Stoop
Schlitzie, Last Of The Aztecs, Lodges An Objection In The Order Of Things
|5.||Apr 18, 2011:||Your Alibi
Blue Tail Fly
|3.||May 01, 2011:||lost and found
|6.||Apr 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
Blue Tail Fly
*My Favorites*: 1, 6, 7, 9. 12.
1. *(9:06) Slow / Mid. Marimba madness, ominous, spacey, trippy. Foreboding lyrics. Then with 4:56 remaining horns ablaze and full-on avant-garde jazz phrase. Cool phrase of male / female vocal chants with orchestral sounds in the background.
2. (5:40) Slow / Mid. Slow, quiet start. Banging on pots and pans, killer bassoon, dulcimer. Far-out. Story-song.
3. (5:48) FCC (play the radio-edit disc accompanying) Slow. Violin, vibes. Mellow. Brushes on drums. Seals And Crofts vibe.
4. (1:13) Mid. Ethereal, spacey, moody INSTRUMENTAL.
5. (10:00) Mid. Jazzy, improv intro. Bluesy phrase with electric guitar. Jamming. Mashup of different genres. Flutes a la Jethro Tull. No lyrics until 5:55 remaining. Guitar solo. With 3:15 remaining, song appears to end and another begins.
6. *(2:39) Mid. Carnival time, with accordion, flute, piano ending. INSTRUMENTAL (except for some voices at the end).
7. *(6;07) Slow / Mid. Banjo intro. Playful yet ominous. Song picks up tempo as it progresses. Long fade out. Very accessible, the least ‘experimental’ song on the album (as is #12).
8. (3;51) Slow. Minor key piano. Heavy, ominous song. Piano, dulcimer and voice. Vocal effects phrase. Long fade out.
9. *(7:46) FCC (play the radio-edit disc accompanying). Mid. Some funny stuff. ‘You’ve got snot all down your face - get out of mine’. Jazzy, driving and upbeat. Really cool jamming stuff. Coda with 0:55 remaining.
10. (2:11) Slow / Mid. Hollow and sparse, spacey. Echoey vocals. Nice piano. Ominous, minor key.
11. (4:17) Slow. Trippy, lots of strings with piano, bassoon. even an accordion. Spoken vocals. Foreboding.
12. *(7:14) Mid. Playful and dangerous. Starts off with ‘bring me a knife. And bring me a wet stone’. Banjo and glockenspiel predominate. Beautiful.