|Chikita Violenta / Tre3s|
|Artist:||Chikita Violenta||Added:||Feb 2011|
|Label:||Arts & Crafts|
|Add Date:||2011-08-14||Pull Date:||2011-10-16|
|Week Ending:||Oct 16||Sep 18||Aug 28||Aug 21|
|1.||Oct 13, 2011:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
|4.||Aug 25, 2011:||Alachinada! |
|2.||Oct 09, 2011:||Everything. |
|5.||Aug 19, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
|3.||Sep 14, 2011:||Luke Aftershow |
|6.||Aug 18, 2011:||Alachinada |
Mexican rock band sings in English. They’ve been around long enough to acquire a pretty faithful following. Guitar centered pop-rock, sound like most everyone else on the current indie scene, going for the MGMT, Surfer Blood, upbeat party thing. Try 3,5,6. FCC Clean.|
1. 3:38 A lot of reverb on guitars, falsetto vocals, big drum line.
2. 3:24 Good rhythm, handclapping and halting bass line. Sunshiny, with heavily distorted/layered vocals.
†3. 3:29 Big chorus line, very poppy, cute guitar riff. Sounds like Surfer Blood.
4. 1:50 Cutesy call and response mumbling with an acoustic guitar, builds.
†5. 4:22 Furious drumming/acoustic guitar strumming. Pent up energy, layered/distorted vocals. Kind of AOR-ish, in a good way.
†6. 2:48 Hushed, whispery vocals, reverb on drums, cutesy pop chorus line.
7. 1:23 Electro looping, reverb and distorted fuzziness.
8. 3:05 Their stab at a love song. Nostalgic sunniness. Reverb, acoustic plucking.
9. 3:32 Upbeat, apprehensive beat on drums. Sunny pop, vocals in last channel.
10. 3:22 Slow to build. Triple (or more) tracked vocals, whisperings build a very fun atmosphere, but never seem to explode…keeps me wanting more.
11. 3:27 Starts with chanting and acoustic strumming, builds to a party: lazy guitar licks, background sounds, whoopings, keyboard line, then tapers.
12. 3:34 Upbeat, sunny pop, layered atmosphere, furious percussions, clapping.
|1.||Roni||7.||The Monster (Was Last Seen Approaching The Power Plant)|
|2.||All I Need's A Little More||8.||Siren|
|5.||The Pause||11.||My Connection|
|6.||Atpg||12.||Laydown (Bonus Track)|