|Yuck / Yuck|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||25 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb|
|1.||Aug 27, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||Oct 24, 2017:||The Core |
|2.||Feb 07, 2020:||PWR Alto Power Hour |
|5.||Jun 15, 2017:||alternative energy. |
|3.||Oct 04, 2018:||Jams Run Free |
|6.||Feb 16, 2017:||The Nucleus |
Indie garage rock with a lil bit of fuzz and distortion. Subtly poppy with a hint of teen angst. I’m into it.|
RIYL: Yo La Tengo, Pavement, Built to Spill, Dinosaur Jr., Sonic Youth
1. **Get Away (3:36) – catchy ass guitar riffs! Bouncy tempo
2. *The Wall(3:57) – “tryna make it through the wall, you can see me if you’re tall…” rockin but fairly poppy, with somewhat repetitive lyrics.
3. Shook Down(3:27) – slows it down. Less electric guitar. More obviously melancholy than the faster songs.
4. Holing Out(4:11) – Fuzzy-ish lyrics. Upbeat.
5. Suicide Policeman(3:15) – Acoustic guitar. Clear, sad vocals with female backup vocals.
6. Georgia(3:36) – Female vocals more prominent on this one (singing together with the dude, its nice). I think this song was a single? This is one of the few songs on this album that you could describe as “nice”
7. **Suck(4:19) – Think of how fun it will be to announce, “That one you just heard was Suck, by Yuck.” Another slower jam. Still has some energy to it, though. I would actually describe it as having some swagger.
8. Stutter(3:42) – I think this one is about watching a girl/boy you like from afar, but in a sweet and not-creepy way. A quieter one.
9. **FCC Operation(3:47) – A rocker! Loud. I like the attitude. Catchy guitar. But maybe don’t play it, cus of the word “fucking” in the chorus.
10. Sunday(4:23) – Sad but not slow. Most likely to be in a movie soundtrack? Reminds me of poppy 90s indie rock but I can’t put my finger on it.
11. Rose Gives A Lilly(4:06) – Instrumental. Not all that exciting… 30 seconds of almost-silence at the end. I wouldn’t recommend it.
12. Rubber(7:14) – Starts out with distortion. Cue fuzzy, unintelligible lyrics. Fairly slow, picking up in intensity a bit starting around the 3 minute mark. Going for an epic feel, I think, but not sure if it’s worth 7 mins.
|5.||Suicide Policeman||11.||Rose Gives A Lilly|